My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Where is "+" symbol on Harmony Elite

(42 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

gomezz - 1 hour ago  » 
    For what it is worth I don't get the point of Sonos and similar systems. They are no match for a proper hi-fi system and plenty of other, cheaper ways of low-fi listening to stuff all around the house and down the garden even.

Only someone who doesn't actually own one would make this comment. I got rid of my 5.1 system after purchasing Sonos.

| Tue 14 Aug 2018 15:52:08 #31 |
  2. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Have you owned and tried the Harmony system then Faust? Just asking. R-

| Tue 14 Aug 2018 16:54:18 #32 |
  3. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Faust - 4 hours ago  » 

gomezz - 1 hour ago  » 
    For what it is worth I don't get the point of Sonos and similar systems. They are no match for a proper hi-fi system and plenty of other, cheaper ways of low-fi listening to stuff all around the house and down the garden even.

Only someone who doesn't actually own one would make this comment. I got rid of my 5.1 system after purchasing Sonos.

I may not own one but have spent considerable time in the home of someone who does.

| Tue 14 Aug 2018 20:13:48 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

RogerB - 17 hours ago  » 
    Have you owned and tried the Harmony system then Faust? Just asking. R-

Yes, I mentioned it a few posts back. Got one from Amazon a couple of years ago but sent it back. I didn't find it a one stop solution for all my devices plus I thought it confusing. The wife couldn't get on with it at all as she's just not tech minded.

| Wed 15 Aug 2018 10:02:15 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

gomezz - 13 hours ago  » 

Faust - 4 hours ago  » 

gomezz - 1 hour ago  » 

I may not own one but have spent considerable time in the home of someone who does.

It that case you will know just how versatile they are, how good their audio quality is and why they have proved to be so successful.

Simply being able to have the same song playing from each Sonos device as you go from room to room in impressive audio quality is pretty cool. You can of course have them all playing different songs should you wish.

They are the ultimate plug and play wireless speakers. They are not cheap but they are quality. Playbar and Sub will set you back £1400. However, the new Sonos Beam is reckoned to be very good and has Alexa built in.

| Wed 15 Aug 2018 10:08:34 #35 |
  6. RogerB

RogerB

special member

That price will have been the reason for me not to use that system. All I wanted was to control what I watched on the TV without using 4 remotes. My music listening is taken care of by my iPod and a Bose system which, before you say it, I am sure will not be a patch on Sonos, but it is good enough for me. We are solving different issues and I am glad you have found something that suits you and Mrs. F. R-

| Wed 15 Aug 2018 10:20:30 #36 |
  7. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Yes, I have heard their audio quality which is why I know they fall well short of a decent hi-fi system and are only suitable for background music.

| Wed 15 Aug 2018 10:22:32 #37 |
  8. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Anyone tried one of these?

https://www.mobilefun.co.uk/one-for-all-smart-zapper-67079?referer=N_2018_08_15_OFA_Zapper_MAIN&utm_source=Mobile%20Fun&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2161129_2018_08_15_OFA_Zapper_MAIN_67079&utm_content=image%202&dm_i=2A2X,1ABJD,69YFWD,45AUV,1

Looks like basic functionality on the device itself with apps on your phone or tablet for other functionality.

| Wed 15 Aug 2018 11:22:13 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

gomezz - 4 hours ago  » 
    Yes, I have heard their audio quality which is why I know they fall well short of a decent hi-fi system and are only suitable for background music.

I think that statement gives you no credibility whatsoever. We also have a very decent Denon system and a now quite old but high end Kenwood and Technics separates system too.

The Kenwood and the Technics are now covered in dust sheets in the loft, as the Sonos sounded just as good but got rid of the wires and all that goes with them.

Perhaps you should read some of the professional reviews of Sonos, though whether they have your knowledge of audio I couldn't say.

| Wed 15 Aug 2018 15:05:43 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

RogerB - 4 hours ago  » 
    That price will have been the reason for me not to use that system. All I wanted was to control what I watched on the TV without using 4 remotes. My music listening is taken care of by my iPod and a Bose system which, before you say it, I am sure will not be a patch on Sonos, but it is good enough for me. We are solving different issues and I am glad you have found something that suits you and Mrs. F. R-

Some of the Bose stuff is very good indeed. I think they are now trying to muscle in on Sonos along with the likes of Apple and Samsung et-al.

| Wed 15 Aug 2018 15:08:06 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.