My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Where to download humaxrw for windows

(27 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tallrob007

Thanks to everyone who created, developed and distributed humaxrw. It worked brilliantly. The Humax 9300T HDD is sat in an external docking station and connected via USB. I can see all my sister's recorded programmes and have done a test transfer of a single prog and can see the .ts file and play it using Windows 10 Film & TV App. Fantastic. Thanks to all the unsung heroes on this website.

| Tue 23 Jul 2019 17:56:22 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

tallrob007

However now I have accessed these programmes (thanks to humaxrw) I do have another question about how to give these recordings back to my sister, a very technophobic woman who doesn't own (or have any desire to own) a computer.
    When her old Humax 9300T died I took it away and replaced it with a refurbished 1800T from Humax Direct. The 9300T PSU is fried so that's headed towards the recycling site in a week or two.
    Realistically I suspect I have 3 options to reunite her with her TV library:
    1. Create DVD's of her favourite 10 / 12 shows - tedious, laborious and I don't yet know how to convert ts to DVD format (but I'm hoping it's available on the web somewhere).

2. Buy a 3.5 inch HDD enclosure, insert the original Humax HDD (complete with.ts, epg, elu and hre files) and plug it up the USB port of the new 1800T and hope that the 1800T can read and play the .ts files through the new 1800T box to her TV.

3. Same as 2. but just stick the favourite 10 / 12 shows onto a large USB flash drive and hide it round the back where she won't even know it exists (until she knocks it out while hoovering!)

I don't really want to transfer the files to her new 1800T HDD as it will gobble up lots of space and I'm not sure all of them are worthy of keeping if she was being totally honest.
    Any advice / suggestions regarding the best way forward would be appreciated, but please be aware my sister is very technophobic and so accessing the stored programmes needs to be very straightforward. I live 80 miles away so I would be able to set it all up, but once I'd left she'd be on her own (apart from my own Phone support).
    Thanks again for all your help,
    Rob

| Tue 23 Jul 2019 18:24:34 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

1. Far too much hassle, and you could too easily end up with picture distortion and extreme lipsync issues.
    2. Wouldn't work. The HDR can't do that.
    3. That is almost the way to go but it is not quite that easy. You would need to make sure that your sister can switch from viewing her regular recordings, and viewing the recordings on the USB connected memory.

Also, what is the total size of the recordings? USB HDD powered via USB can be far cheaper than USB flash drives.

| Tue 23 Jul 2019 18:49:14 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

tallrob007

Thanks Luke, I'm not particularly keen on option 1. anyway.
    I'm puzzled why 3 could work but 2 wouldn't. Isn't it storing the 4 files per prog in exactly the same way, just one via HDD and the other via flash drive?
    I'm not sure of the total size of the recordings but I'm guessing around 150 - 200GB, although I could probably boil that down to about 60GB if I insisted. I take your point about Flash drive cost, I could probably stretch to a 64GB one though.
    Would I have to do anything else to make that work?

| Tue 23 Jul 2019 19:13:32 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

tallrob007 - 1 day ago  » 
    I'm puzzled why 3 could work but 2 wouldn't.

The HDR-1800T doesn't know how to read the proprietary file system used by the 9300T which is why option 2 wouldn't work.

Also you only want the .ts file as the other files will not be recognised by the HDR-1800T.

| Thu 25 Jul 2019 10:04:53 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

tallrob007

Thanks Martin, so you're suggestion for 3. is transfer the required .ts files (but not the epg, elu or hre files) to the flash drive and plug it into the usb port of the Humax 1800T?
    That sounds like something I could probably make work and give my sister copious instructions as to how to switch between the 2 libraries.
    I've also been trying to work out how "smart" her JVC TV is (but she can't find the manual :(). I wondered whether I might be able to plug the USB flash drive straight into the TV and play the .ts files directly, or possible via a downloaded app like VLC, if I could find a portable copy up with me.
    Anyway thanks again for all your help. I'll keep plugging away and let you know how I get on.
    Cheers, Rob

| Thu 25 Jul 2019 18:12:09 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

tallrob007

Hi Guys, I've had a long chat with my sister over the weekend and we boiled her wish list down to 12 programmes. As I was looking for the simplest (non-techie) solution possible, and helped by the fact that I have a cupboard full of blank DVD-R's, I decided to try burning the titles to DVD (Sorry Luke). I downloaded Freemake Video Converter and after a couple of late night burning sessions, I had the 12 DVDs.
    When I tried them in my own stand-alone DVD player 9 out of 12 played fine, no lip-sync problems or picture break-up. The other 3 were pretty messy and almost unwatchable. Of those 3, I managed to find 2 of them on the internet, downloaded as .mkv and burned them to DVD using Freemake. On a series of spot checks, they both seem fine and look marginally better quality than the original Humax .ts file.
    I couldn't find the final programme but I still have its .ts file and so later in the summer when I head up to my sister's place I will take all 12 .ts files from her original HDD, on a USB stick (total size of all 12 files is only 16GB) and see if I can give her access to them through the USB port of the Hummy 1800T. Failing that it might just be possible to view them through the USB port of her JVC TV, but that's a bit of a long shot.
    So thanks again to everyone for their advice and humax.org for enabling me to even get started down this road and re-unite my sister with some of her beloved progs.
    Cheers, Rob

| Mon 29 Jul 2019 17:15:58 #27 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.