My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Why no support on the humax website?

(25 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

chrisdaniels - 4 minutes ago  » 
    I think what Graeme is trying to get across is that it should be freesat providing the support & documentation.
    You should be complaining to them.
    Samsung probably realised that freesat are not providing good support so setup a page to try and limit the volume of support calls they probably get.

The original G1 Freesat specification is much looser than the freetime G2 spec. Each maker also provided it's own software, as a result the UI and capability varies significantly between different models. The box makers have to support there own boxes.

The g2 freetime spec is much more tightly controlled, the User Interface software and the way it looks is down to Freesat. All G2 boxes should look and feel identical in providing the satellite based future epg and the backwards internet provided catch up guide.

Hence the debacle over early freesat kit and ITV player.

Frankly citing Samsung as a shining example is a joke. The Samsung Freesat+ pvr was plagued for months with bugs that serously affected it's capabilities as a pvr. afaik it still lacks even basic manual recording capabilities. We all know how reliable some broadcasters are in getting the AR/series recording right and sticking to the epg scheduled times.

| Sat 29 Dec 2012 14:14:28 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

dinkybluebug - 17 hours ago  » 
    Hi
    I got my brand spanking new HDR 1000s on Christmas Eve and am loving it.
    One question though, why isn't there any support information on the humax website?
    When I select support, it asks me for my model number and I can't see the HDR 1000s anywhere
    Am I looking in the wrong place?

dinkybluebug - 15 hours ago  » 
    Thank you for your reply
    Where is the definitive place then I would go to find out when there is a firmware upgrade?

I am sorry that I can not help. If you do find out please would you post back here. Thanks.

| Sat 29 Dec 2012 15:38:39 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Any forthcoming software will appear on this forum as soon as Humax/Freesat release details and Barry is allowed to make the information available. In the past Humax have released beta software at users own risk prior to it becoming the official release and transmitting it ota.

No idea if the HDR-1000s will be the same for the reasons already discussed. Based on the Youview box made by Humax updates for this come from Youview as far as I know (I don't have a Youview box).

| Sat 29 Dec 2012 15:46:17 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nesbitt

from freesat community:
    Beta for the Default file for the 1000s dated 24/12/12 can download from beta.humaxonline.co.uk.

I've not tried it, the released code is flaky enough but if you fancy the latest code look there, and no I don't know how to load it!

| Sat 29 Dec 2012 17:00:38 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Nesbitt - 39 minutes ago  » 
    from freesat community:
    Beta for the Default file for the 1000s dated 24/12/12 can download from beta.humaxonline.co.uk.
    I've not tried it, the released code is flaky enough but if you fancy the latest code look there, and no I don't know how to load it!

The file isn't new firmware.

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/new-software-update/page/2#post-14587

| Sat 29 Dec 2012 17:41:58 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wizzo

Yes I can confirm the file isn't firmware it looks like a test file.
    Anyway found out that it is the hard drive buffer/ software code error which is causing the script (box) to freeze.

| Sat 29 Dec 2012 18:50:30 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

dancingbarber

I understand all that you say Graham, but I bought a Humax box and it came with miminal documentation. There is no explanation regarding the icons on the display, when they should be on, what they mean. In fact the support offered is definately sub standard.
    Thank god for this forum.

My box will now only record if it is left switched on, it fails to record if left on standby regardless of programme selected. It has worked fine until a couple of weeks ago. But where is a manual to explain what all the parts are - that is a manefacturers job.

| Thu 3 Jan 2013 16:47:53 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

dancingbarber - 6 minutes ago  » 
    I understand all that you say Graham, but I bought a Humax box and it came with miminal documentation. There is no explanation regarding the icons on the display, when they should be on, what they mean. In fact the support offered is definately sub standard.

Icons are shown on Page 3 11 and 17 in the using your new Freesat+ box. Missed recordings is a known issue on 1.0.16, there are some workarounds discussed in various threads.

| Thu 3 Jan 2013 16:57:32 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

dancingbarber

Thanks graham. I'll check it out when I get home although I didn't think the brochure I got with the box had that many pages !

I tried just now to download a manual from the Humax website and a manual for the HDR-1000S must be hiding under some obscure variation of HDR-1000S since I'll be ...... if I can see it.

| Thu 3 Jan 2013 17:38:45 #19 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Not on Humax site as yet see this link:

http://www.freesat.co.uk/help/product-support

| Thu 3 Jan 2013 17:42:42 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.