My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Wifi connection problem

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harris4000

I can connect using a LAN but when I select Configure WLAN I get the message ‘No Wireless Network Detected’. I have tried moving my BT Home Hub into the same room but get the same message. Other devices (ipad etc) can detect the wifi signal.
    I am running the latest software (1.00.59).

| Sat 24 Oct 2015 14:24:25 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Is your router set to broadcast your SSID?

| Sat 24 Oct 2015 17:34:44 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harris4000

Other connected devices display the SSID and I don't think you can disable the SSID broadcast on a Home Hub 3, so I am fairly sure that it is being broadcast.

| Sun 25 Oct 2015 8:23:50 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Timdersticks

Hello,

I'm having exactly the same problem. All other devices connect to my WiFi perfectly, including my smart tv, and the router broadcasts the SSID. The router is only a few feet away from the Humax with nothing in the way. No idea what I'm doing wrong.

It does connect via LAN but I'd rather not have cables trailing all over the floor!

Any suggestions?

| Sat 14 Nov 2015 10:15:17 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Carefully check you are using the correct password, which is case sensitive.

Do you have any 'special' characters in password?

| Sat 14 Nov 2015 10:55:17 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Timdersticks

Thank you, hello!

I haven't actually been asked for my password (which I thought was a little strange). When I go into Settings > Network Settings > Configure WLAN it just says 'wireless network is not detected' and doesn't give me the option to do anything other than go back or retry.

| Sat 14 Nov 2015 11:05:15 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Available wireless network(s) should have been detected during initial set up if router was switched on, and unit not connected via Lan cable.

Try a factory reset, the second part of set up, after language, is network detection.

Make a note of your recording schedule as this will be deleted, and any user settings you may have adjusted will be reset to defaults.

| Sat 14 Nov 2015 11:29:58 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Timdersticks

The wireless network wasn't detected during initial setup (during which the router was on and not connected via LAN cable), and I have just run the factory reset again but still nothing. I get to the network connection page, press 'next' and it just says 'internet connection failed'. Again, there's no option to enter any information or anything like that, all I can do is go back or skip the stage!

| Sat 14 Nov 2015 11:42:13 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

BCMLDR

Same problem, skipped this in setup and then access in the menu, won't show any wireless networks even though the Samsung TV and the ps4 in the same location pick up multiple networks. Help!

| Mon 23 Nov 2015 22:30:10 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

BCMLDR

Timdersticks - 1 week ago  » 
    The wireless network wasn't detected during initial setup (during which the router was on and not connected via LAN cable), and I have just run the factory reset again but still nothing. I get to the network connection page, press 'next' and it just says 'internet connection failed'. Again, there's no option to enter any information or anything like that, all I can do is go back or skip the stage!

So I phoned humax and without any prompting they said this was wrong and gave me a reference number, went back to John Lewis who gave me a replacement without question, took it home, plugged it in and worked 1st time.
    Glad it's working and great service from humax and John Lewis

| Wed 25 Nov 2015 19:32:24 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.