My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Wifi connection problem

(23 posts)
  1. Trev

Trev

special member

This is extremely puzzling (as you are aware ). My guess is that you need a new router or you think you are transmitting the SSID but in fact are not and fooling yourself into believing you are. (The latter was said without a condescending tone, but just meant as a constructive suggestion). Can you see your routers SSID on a friends phone etc. that has never been connected to your network?

When you say that

1) my iPhone, laptop etc can continue to see the router's main SSID
    do you mean that you can really see the router's SSID on the devices when you do a search? Or do you mean that they connect to the router OK? The latter does not necessarily mean that they can see the SSID because once a connection has been established, a transmitted SSID is not requited.

Also, for the life of me, I cannot see why connecting the Sonos with an Ethernet cable would suddenly make the router's WiFi SSID visible. The Sonos would just connect to the router via the Ethernet cable.

You also say

the router's main SSID
    This implies that it has more than one. If so, can you see the other one?

| Mon 3 Feb 2020 10:32:15 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I don't know if this is correct, but I have a vague recollection of seeing a mention of boxes sometimes having a problem with finding WiFi if the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz SSIDs are the same on a dual band router. If they are the same, perhaps changing the 5 GHz SSID to something different (maybe just add a "5" on the end) might help.

| Mon 3 Feb 2020 11:03:11 #22 |
  3. Trev

Trev

special member

Another good shout.

| Mon 3 Feb 2020 15:05:15 #23 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.