(23 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Thank you for that update, interesting.

| Wed 25 Nov 2015 23:59:27 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Timdersticks

Many thanks for this, I have contacted them and will report back when I hear anything.

| Sat 28 Nov 2015 12:46:41 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Adrift78

I brought one of the 1tb boxes from humax as soon as they were released. Like you all the box couldn't see wifi even though other devices could.

Spoke to humax who logged an issue and gave them a few days. Anyhow was pretty frustrated with their lack of support so managed to get them to send out a replacement box.

The wifi worked on this without an issue box was most lightly faulty especially as it did have a rattling noise thay sounded as though something was loose.

| Sat 2 Jan 2016 0:24:38 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Timdersticks

Just to say that this did get resolved... eventually. It took quite some time for them to respond to e-mails, so I would perhaps advise phoning them in future if possible. They did send out a replacement which works perfectly though, so it all turned out well in the end.

| Wed 13 Jan 2016 11:01:59 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Glyn

Thank you for these posts. I too bought a FVP 4000T a few weeks ago direct from Humax, and it was unable to detect my wifi even at fairly close range. I rang Humax, as you suggested, explained I'd already tried the factory reset, and they sent out a courier to collect the old one and give me a replacement. It all seems fine now although I did have to get to look twice for the wifi on its installation.

| Sat 27 Feb 2016 14:18:30 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

davidmendel

Everything was working fine with my Humax connecting to my router when it suddenly lost connection. When I tried to reinstall wifi the Humax detected a wifi extender at the end of my house but could not see the router in the same room as it is located.
    I had the same problem with Sonos which I was able to fix with Sonos Support assistance by plugging in a LAN cable. My HP printer can also not see the main router so I believe it is something that's gone wrong in the router itself. On the other hand, my computer, phones etc are all going fine with the router.
    WOuld be grateful for any advice.

| Sun 2 Feb 2020 4:13:10 #16 |
  7. Trev

Trev

special member

Holy thread revival Batman.
    Are you sure that your router broadcasting its SSID as devices will not 'see' the router if it is not?
    Once devices have been connected, they do not need the router to be broadcasting SSID to reconnect. Hence why some of your other 'stuff' works.

| Sun 2 Feb 2020 10:14:17 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

davidmendel - 6 hours ago  » 
    Everything was working fine with my Humax connecting to my router when it suddenly lost connection.

Have you tried the age old remedy of turning off the power to the router for 10 seconds?

| Sun 2 Feb 2020 11:06:22 #18 |
  9. Trev

Trev

special member

I forgot that a lot of people just don't do that as a matter of course, so forgot to mention it.

| Sun 2 Feb 2020 16:02:37 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

davidmendel

Hi thanks for your prompt responses.
    1) my iPhone, laptop etc can continue to see the router's main SSID while my Humax (and HP Laser Jet Pro) does not
    2) first thing I did was power off the router and also did a reset to factory settings. Still can't see the SSID
    I've put in 2 calls to my ISP (Telstra) who were unable to help. Have also tried things like logging onto the modem/router and doing things like forcing the router to use Channel 6 and 11 without effect.
    Have also tried to laboriously key in the invisible SSID name and connect using WPS. Nothing has helped.
    I had the same issue with my Sonos but their help desk helped me fix it by doing a cable connection to the router which meant that Sonos was able to find the SSID.
    I tried cable connecting the Humax to the router but this didn't help either.

| Mon 3 Feb 2020 0:57:22 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.