My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

WiFi won't connect

(4 posts)
  1. Hilda63

Hilda63

We have an HDR1100s (20mths old) which, for some reason yesterday, lost it's wifi connection and some recordings, it wasn't being used, but was on standby. We've had the random reboots, which will cause the loss of anything being recorded at the time, but we've never lost the wifi connection with it. The recordings lost were between 7:30pm and 9:00pm, after that it was fine.
    When we tried to use the on demand bit it took us to the internet connection page and prompted the input of the wifi password. After that it gets stuck on "connecting". The TV and the Fire stick work just fine on wifi and until now so did HDR.
    I'm waiting to hear back from Humax and I've switched off, unplugged, etc., to no avail. Any suggestions?

| Tue 9 May 2017 13:41:12 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

I'm pretty certain that Humax will recommend that you do a Factory (default) Reset on the box. (If you haven't tried that already) You will need to input your recording schedule and fav channels again etc, but you shouldn't lose anymore of your recordings.

| Tue 9 May 2017 17:23:59 #2 |
  3. Hilda63

Hilda63

Yay. Success, Reffub, thanks for that. I havent heard back from Humax yet. I'd forgotten about the reset thing. Mind you, I did it once with a Youview box and it cleared everything, including our recordings. It's good to know that this reset doesn't. Thanks, once again.

| Wed 10 May 2017 6:57:32 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JonBuxton

If you have a network cable plugged into the Humax … remove it. It messes with the WiFi on the box.

| Thu 5 Jan 2023 11:37:21 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.