(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Pollensa1946 - 8 hours ago  » 

Faust - 1 week ago  » 

REPASSAC - 2 hours ago  » 

Pollensa1946 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Yes I told him about those revelations. He had already signed up and simply said... let's see. He's very skilled in IT and electronics and tenacious with it, so I expect he'll be on their case if required. I look forward to hearing the outcome.
    BTW... SkyQ is big in Australia, and 1/2 the price of the UK, so they have a wide market to get feedback on and get it right. I wish them luck, Freesat needs serious competition to shake them out of their torpor (it might become a death trance).

I hope not. I am a freesat fan and would like them to take on the challenge.

Perhaps they are simply being starved of funding. Possibly the BBC, BT, TalkTalk et al don't want the competition, which might detract from the Youview and Freeview Play offerings.

They are certainly not making money...
    https://companycheck.co.uk/company/06250097/FREESAT-UK-LIMITED/companies-house-data

You can certainly see from the limited information we can read in the report why they are struggling to compete with the likes of BT-Youview and Freeview Play etc. In fact it looks like there is very little money in the kitty for future development of the platform.

Up to date info regarding BTs buyout of Youview has gone quiet of late. Last reports says the BBC are the sticking point as they want £60 million for their share.

| Mon 16 Jan 2017 23:29:07 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

BryCoop

The Humax financial problem is bad news for all clients. I bought my first Humax box around 8 years ago for my cinema set up. I subsequently bought another for my wife's tv and recently replaced my old box with a new 1100s so that I could still get iplayer.
    I have had no complaints with any of my Humax boxes and wish them well.

| Tue 17 Jan 2017 12:35:14 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

BryCoop - 2 hours ago  » 
    The Humax financial problem is bad news for all clients. I bought my first Humax box around 8 years ago for my cinema set up. I subsequently bought another for my wife's tv and recently replaced my old box with a new 1100s so that I could still get iplayer.
    I have had no complaints with any of my Humax boxes and wish them well.

It's not Humax it's Freesat - different company

| Tue 17 Jan 2017 15:15:21 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.