My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Wireless Eurosport via Humax

(21 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

maybe I could use one of the humax usb sockets to power it though.. ?

Yes.

| Thu 14 Jan 2016 13:57:56 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JamesB - 2 minutes ago  » 

Yes.

They only have power with the box on. What's wrong with the USB port on the TV.

| Thu 14 Jan 2016 14:01:32 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Chromecast comes complete with a mains adapter into which the usb cable is plugged as an alternative to the cable plugging into a TV usb point.

| Thu 14 Jan 2016 14:06:01 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Pollensa1946 - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Chromecast comes complete with a mains adapter into which the usb cable is plugged as an alternative to the cable plugging into a TV usb point.

Exactly.

| Thu 14 Jan 2016 14:16:00 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

grahamlthompson - 23 minutes ago  » 

Yes.

He can use any suitable USB port within convenient reach or he can use the adapter.

| Thu 14 Jan 2016 14:26:40 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JamesB - 21 minutes ago  » 

Yes.

He can use any suitable USB port within convenient reach or he can use the adapter.

The point is the USB ports on the Freetime boxes aren't suitable. You would have to pointlessly turn on the box just to provide a few milliamps at 5V. What's wrong with the usb port he already has on the TV ?

| Thu 14 Jan 2016 14:50:40 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

grahamlthompson - 4 minutes ago  » 

Yes.

The point is the USB ports on the Freetime boxes aren't suitable. You would have to pointlessly turn on the box just to provide a few milliamps at 5V. What's wrong with the usb port he already has on the TV ?

No idea, does it matter?

If I understand correctly, the OP is just looking for a way to watch Eurosport on his TV. He apparently has or is contemplating buying a Chromecast. This would allow him to plug the Chromecast into an HDMI slot on his TV and power it using a suitable USB port within convenient reach, or alternatively he could plug the USB cable into the adapter that comes with the Chromecast and then plug the adapter into the wall. He should then be able to watch Eurosport on his TV.

| Thu 14 Jan 2016 14:59:46 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JamesB - 1 minute ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 4 minutes ago  » 

Yes.

No idea, does it matter?
    If I understand correctly, the OP is just looking for a way to watch Eurosport on his TV. He apparently has or is contemplating buying a Chromecast. This would allow him to plug the Chromecast into an HDMI slot on his TV and power it using a suitable USB port within convenient reach, or alternatively he could plug the USB cable into the adapter that comes with the Chromecast and then plug the adapter into the wall. He should then be able to watch Eurosport on his TV.

He asked if he could use the usb ports on a freetime box. He could but only if the box is powered on. The usb port on his TV must have power, without it it could not be used to update the firmware. As the TV has to be on to watch the Chromecast it's the obvious choice. The thread title says Wireless Eurosport Via A Humax which is impossible.

| Thu 14 Jan 2016 15:04:51 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

JerryW

Hi All
    yes I get the point about using usb points for power.. you are all extremely helpful! And the chromecast issue now resolved..
    But where can I read something that provides this sort of technical information for the 1100s??
    .. and save bothering you all with every little thing?

| Thu 14 Jan 2016 16:23:23 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Other than the very simple guide you get, afaik there isn't really any technical details specific to the freetime boxes. To use another device to connect a chromecast to a TV videowise you would need a device with hdmi inputs. In practice this would normally require a AV receiver or one of the more advanced soundbars with hdmi inputs.

| Thu 14 Jan 2016 16:28:06 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.