My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Youtube channel coming next month

(24 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

souporjuice

So, first YouTube bug? It was working fine earlier, I signed in with my google account, set up 2 connected devices, watched a video. Now, whenever I try to launch YouTube, it displays the YouTube logo and just sits there, the app never actually opens.

NB, the box remains fully responsive, I can exit via the remote, switch to another channel, etc, the box is not hanging. NB also that my network connection is absolutely fine - I can immediately get iplayer up, for example and that app works just fine.

I've rebooted etc, to no avail.

Any ideas? Launch day teething problems?

| Thu 7 Mar 2013 13:34:24 #11 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

No problems here, app launches and works.

| Thu 7 Mar 2013 13:45:33 #12 |
  3. fixerman

fixerman

All OK here also....so far!

| Thu 7 Mar 2013 14:42:44 #13 |
  4. badbones

badbones

Can anyone help me pair youtube with my mobile.

I have got the pairing code on my tv screen and I log into my youtube account on my mobile and navigate to the youtube.com/pair page but I can't see where I am supposed to enter the code. There is no mention of it.

I am using a Blackberry Curve.

Thanks in advance for any help.

| Thu 7 Mar 2013 15:20:04 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Only available for

•Android
    •iOS
    •Windows Phone 8

Pairing is not supported on the following devices:
    •Windows Phone 7
    •Windows Tablets

http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=2675030

| Thu 7 Mar 2013 16:46:26 #15 |
  6. badbones

badbones

Doh!

| Thu 7 Mar 2013 17:04:08 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

dinkybluebug

My you tube app has now frozen too. All working yesterday. I linked two mobile devices. Now the you tube logo just displays on the screen and just stays there. I can access other on demand services ok.

| Fri 8 Mar 2013 20:00:02 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

souporjuice

Yeah, I had this yesterday. Tried everything. The only thing that worked was reset to factory defaults, which means losing your personal settings, your favourite channels your series linked and other planned recordings, but resets your on demand apps. So make a note of everything before you do it! NB it doesn't wipe your existing recordings.

I couldn't find anything on the web about this issue, I suspect the problem may be with youtube rather than Humax, as without a network connection the YouTube splash screen won't appear, so it looks like it is connecting to YouTube's servers.

I signed into my youtube account on the TV, maybe it was something to do with that? Or, I connected 2 mobile devices too, maybe it's that!? I haven't signed in since resetting, and I've only conncted 1 mobile device, and it's still working. For now.

| Fri 8 Mar 2013 20:31:40 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

dinkybluebug

Thanks. I don't think I can be bothered to do a factory reset just to get you tube working again.

| Fri 8 Mar 2013 21:39:12 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

grogmeister

Just a heads up.....

After the 1.00.37 update it discarded my manually set IP settings & forgets re-entered ones every time I put it in standby. A side effect of this, that I discovered, is the fact that YouTube doesn't appear in 'On Demand' if the box isn't on-line. Once I enabled DHCP on my router (which I prefer not to) the box starts up, connects to the router & YouTube appears.

| Sat 9 Mar 2013 13:30:24 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.