My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

Youtube Issues

(634 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JerryD71

Many, many people are reporting the same problem. Some have received responses from Humax, suggesting they are trying to "fix the problem". I've never received a reply (email sent 8th October to uksupport@humax-digital.co.uk). All the signs are that Humax isn't interested in supporting customers - and from their point of view, why should they? They have your money from purchasing the box, there is nothing in it for them to continue supporting it. Depressing yes, but that's the conclusion I've drawn. So this is what I'm doing about it. My HB-1100S is under 2 year's old. I bought it partly because of the access to services such as Youtube and iPlayer. Now these are not working, I am of the opinion that the box is no longer fit for purpose, so it is going back to Argos. If they refuse to give a refund I will open a small court claim agains Humax to get my £90 back. I suggest others do the same. The lesson I've learnt is to never buy another Humax box.

| Thu 22 Oct 2020 12:45:15 #112 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

niknak

I wish you luck, however at the bottom of page 12 of my 5000T manual it states "tv apps are subject to change without notice. HUMAX is not responsible for the contents or the discontinuity of the services."

| Thu 22 Oct 2020 13:57:06 #113 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JerryD71

Interesting. My manual states, "FREESAT and the Freesat logo are registered trade marks Freesat (UK) Ltd. Freesat logo © Freesat (UK) Ltd. The details in this guide are correct at the time of going to print and is for guidance only. The products features outlined are subject to change at any time without notice."
    Which I take to mean something different to what your says.

| Thu 22 Oct 2020 14:50:39 #114 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

niknak

Yes, unfortunately I think Humax have their backsides covered either way....

| Thu 22 Oct 2020 15:06:52 #115 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Brandflyer63

Progress!!
    Finally, today I logged in and.... Well, ok, it's not actually working but the screen has changed.
    So now, instead of a grey screen with unpopulated boxes, now I have a blue screen with a message (presumably from Youtube) acknowledging the problem. So after three weeks I at least have a new screen to look at.

Isn't that nice?

| Thu 22 Oct 2020 16:37:02 #116 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

niknak

Well for what it's worth I'm still getting the same 12 greyed-out boxes on my 4000T and 5000T....

| Thu 22 Oct 2020 16:52:24 #117 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JerryD71

Yes, it now displays a holding screen which says "Youtube failing to launch. We are aware of an issue with the Youtube app failing to launch.....this is currently investigation". No apology there then.

| Fri 23 Oct 2020 9:29:05 #118 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Billyboy

I’m getting the explanatory blue screen, too. I suppose it may be a step in the right direction. What we can’t deny, though, is that this is appalling customer service from both Humax and YouTube. My box s due for replacement shortly and after this performance Humax certainly won’t be getting my money. We live and learn.

| Fri 23 Oct 2020 11:41:43 #119 |
  9. Admin

Admin

administrator

Members are going to have to be patient.

There is a worldwide pandemic currently, and S.Korea more importantly Seoul (Humax Headquarters) saw an increase in cases, so no doubt the engineers are working under some restrictions.

| Fri 23 Oct 2020 12:33:25 #120 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

DavieBoy

Guess we'll all just have to wait. Does anyone know if this problem can also affect the actual channel numbers? My ITV was 103, with ITV HD on 111, but they've now flipped position? Anyone else noticed this?

| Fri 23 Oct 2020 12:45:02 #121 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.