Soloist

Youtube still not working on my 5000T.

| Fri 23 Oct 2020 15:16:41 #122 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Soloist - 3 hours ago  » 
    Youtube still not working on my 5000T.

We all know that. Till someone posts here it's working telling us it is not working is totally pointless.

| Fri 23 Oct 2020 18:54:29 #123 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Couldnt wait

Hi all,
    Been having exact same probs as everyone and have latest 'apology' screen. Decided I would wait no longer.
    Researched other TV devices. Bought Roku Premiere in local tesco yesterday, £39. (Maybe cheaper elsewhere) Everything you need in box, if you have HD compatible TV, with hdmi input.Yes, another cost but my stress/frustration with Humax now gone! Enjoying all I can eat YouTube, My5, All 4 and loads of others.1st 2 things I noticed was processing/loading speed and definition on some channels, which made me realise how quickly our tech gets old.
    A word of warning to anyone that follows same path. The Roku set up is easy, some done on screen with remote...but the rest done with a browser. IF YOU FOLLOW THE URL DIRECTED FROM ON SCREEN, you will have to enter name, address and credit card/ PayPal details...it's mandatory.
    However, note 4 character code they give you on screen and on your browser go to https://myroku.com/signup/nocc
    It worked perfectly for me.
    As always, your online security is your responsibility. Therefore, don't take my word for it...Google it yourselves.
    For anyone on the forum that feels angered that my post did not solve their Humax problem, then I apologise and respect your opinions.I will keep my HDR1100S for now for recordings, and hope a remedy is found soon.
    If my post helped just 1 person with their Roku set up, then I'll be happy.As I said, my Youtube/ on demand problem is now over!
    Best of luck everyone. x

| Fri 23 Oct 2020 21:40:22 #124 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Couldnt wait - 13 mins ago  » 
    Hi all,
    Been having exact same probs as everyone and have latest 'apology' screen. Decided I would wait no longer.
    Researched other TV devices. Bought Roku Premiere in local tesco yesterday, £39. (Maybe cheaper elsewhere) Everything you need in box, if you have HD compatible TV, with hdmi input.Yes, another cost but my stress/frustration with Humax now gone! Enjoying all I can eat YouTube, My5, All 4 and loads of others.1st 2 things I noticed was processing/loading speed and definition on some channels, which made me realise how quickly our tech gets old.
    A word of warning to anyone that follows same path. The Roku set up is easy, some done on screen with remote...but the rest done with a browser. IF YOU FOLLOW THE URL DIRECTED FROM ON SCREEN, you will have to enter name, address and credit card/ PayPal details...it's mandatory.
    However, note 4 character code they give you on screen and on your browser go to https://myroku.com/signup/nocc
    As always, your online security is your responsibility. Therefore, don't take my word for it...Google it yourselves.
    For anyone on the forum that feels angered that my post did not solve their Humax problem, then I apologise and respect your opinions.I will keep my HDR1100S for now for recordings, and hope a remedy is found soon.
    If my post helped just 1 person with their Roku set up, then I'll be happy.As I said, my Youtube/ on demand problem is now over!
    Best of luck everyone. x

Another post. Many of us have other kit already that we know works. No way of knowing if you may have already got non humax kit that still works.

So without knowing what you already had ?

How can this help other members who may already have other ways of using other than humax kit of accessing youtube

So another post that is off topic.

There are lots of ways of still viewing Youtube I have, still working.

I could list them if it helps.

Not really much help in this thread had you read the previous posts in this thread you would have known you might have been able to solve this at zero cost without buying new hardware.

So sorry not really much help here.

If you post what actual hardware you have and mobile devices, it's likely you could have fixed this already.

| Fri 23 Oct 2020 22:16:48 #125 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A small change this morning using HDR-1000S. Opening Youtube brings up a message

We are aware of a problem etc. FVP-500T still the same redirects to Youtube.COM resulting in the grey screen.

| Sat 24 Oct 2020 9:51:55 #127 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

gregb49

Couldnt wait - 12 hours ago  » 
    Hi all,
    Best of luck everyone. x

Thanks, that was helpful. I read another post of someone using a google chromecast gaget, so it is useful to know that there are cheap alternatives available just to get Utube working again.

| Sat 24 Oct 2020 10:15:02 #128 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

DavieBoy - 22 hours ago  » 
    Guess we'll all just have to wait. Does anyone know if this problem can also affect the actual channel numbers? My ITV was 103, with ITV HD on 111, but they've now flipped position? Anyone else noticed this?

Yes I noticed the same yesterday

| Sat 24 Oct 2020 11:16:59 #129 |
  8. Soloist

Soloist

Admin - 22 hours ago  » 
    Members are going to have to be patient.
    There is a worldwide pandemic currently, and S.Korea more importantly Seoul (Humax Headquarters) saw an increase in cases, so no doubt the engineers are working under some restrictions.

So, Humax uk are dependent on people the other side of the planet for a fix to faults in their service!

| Sat 24 Oct 2020 11:29:22 #130 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jasper589

I have emailed customer service weeks ago on this problem, no reply, more like customer disservice.

| Sat 24 Oct 2020 13:11:51 #131 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Soloist - 2 hours ago  » 
    So, Humax uk are dependent on people the other side of the planet for a fix to faults in their service!

Correct. It has been like that since Humax entered the UK market more than 15 years ago. It isn't ideal but it has usually provided solutions to problems eventually.

| Sat 24 Oct 2020 14:31:01 #132 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.