(634 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

BF44

Result thanks
    Have a virtual pint on me

| Sat 31 Oct 2020 17:13:44 #153 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyndonp

Mine is also working today. Wasn’t yesterday.

Strangely I got an email this morning from Humax support in reply to my email when this first happened.
    ——
    Please accept our sincerest apologies for the delay in getting back to you, we have been snowed under with thousands of emails.

Thank you for contacting Humax, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with your Humax equipment.

Since a change in the way Youtube works we have had to completely redevelop our Youtube app from the ground up to be compatible with their new system, while we are doing this it will be down temporarily but the updated app will be rolled out as soon as possible and updated on your system automatically.

Thanks very much for your patience.

Best Regards,

Ted
    Humax Customer Support
    ——-

| Sat 31 Oct 2020 19:23:41 #154 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Marty788

YouTube now working on both my Humax boxes (HDR1000S and FVP4000T).
    Thanks to everyone that helped fix this by complaining to Humax, and of course thanks to Humax, they got there eventually.

| Sat 31 Oct 2020 23:00:44 #155 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

LJC

Thrilled to bits this evening, we have YouTube!! Happy days. Thank you Humax for your hard work writing a new app. xx

| Sun 1 Nov 2020 4:54:19 #156 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

archdeak

Mine is up and running again, however, my back button to get back to the YouTube homepage is not working as before. If I’m watching a video and I want to get out of it, any button I’ve tried will not return me to where I started. The result I get is a row of videos along the bottom of the screen. This is different from what used to be. Does anyone else have this same issue?
    If Humax see this posting, are you aware and can it be tweaked please?

| Sun 1 Nov 2020 10:10:33 #157 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

archdeak - 31 mins ago  » 

Unlikely, you would probably need to email them to raise the issue.

| Sun 1 Nov 2020 10:43:36 #158 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rocksta

My HDR-1000S now has YouTube back too. Happy days.

I can cast to it from Android but have not managed to do it from my laptop in either Windows or Linux. Humax displays a TV link code, but there seems no where to enter it in a browser, and the videos do not display a cast-icon as Google says they should.

As others have mentioned, the navigation for YouTube on Humax isn't too good currently so being able to use a keyboard on a pc would be useful, but at least it's back.

| Sun 1 Nov 2020 11:21:06 #159 |
  8. AANDYY

AANDYY

archdeak - 1 hour ago  » 
    Mine is up and running again, however, my back button to get back to the YouTube homepage is not working as before. If I’m watching a video and I want to get out of it, any button I’ve tried will not return me to where I started. The result I get is a row of videos along the bottom of the screen. This is different from what used to be. Does anyone else have this same issue?

I posted earlier that an app reset is required to sort this.

Details a few posts earlier.

| Sun 1 Nov 2020 11:25:20 #160 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

MacW

I hope this brings relief to all of you.
    I have just heard from Ted at Humax that they have fixed the YouTube problem.
    I have checked and it is indeed working again.

| Sun 1 Nov 2020 11:33:03 #161 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Rocksta - 1 hour ago  » 
    My HDR-1000S now has YouTube back too. Happy days.
    I can cast to it from Android but have not managed to do it from my laptop in either Windows or Linux. Humax displays a TV link code, but there seems no where to enter it in a browser, and the videos do not display a cast-icon as Google says they should.
    As others have mentioned, the navigation for YouTube on Humax isn't too good currently so being able to use a keyboard on a pc would be useful, but at least it's back.

If you open Youtube in a chrome window then both the Freesat boxes and the FVP ones appear as a destination you can cast to.

| Sun 1 Nov 2020 12:29:10 #162 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.