My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9300T won't turn on

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyppy

Woke up this morning to find my box seems stuck. Instead of the usual display of the time it's just showing PVR-9300T. It seems to be trying to switch itself on as I keep getting the "loader" screen come up on the tv. It was fine last night and, as always, I switched it onto standby before going to bed. I have tried turning it off using the switch at the back but not working. I'm guessing it's screwed which is annoying as I've lost all my recordings. Any help would be great but I'm not technically minded! Thank you everyone.

| Thu 19 Jun 2014 7:52:03 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

lyppy - 3 hours ago  » 
    Instead of the usual display of the time it's just showing PVR-9300T. It seems to be trying to switch itself on as I keep getting the "loader" screen come up on the tv.

The most likely problem is corruption of data on the hard drive. The easiest way to tell if this is the problem is to unplug the mains, take off the lid, and disconnect the lead(s) to the hard drive. Replace the lid and reconnect the power. If it boots and works as a set top box then the problem is with the hard drive and is fixable; your options are to come back and ask for further advice or to pay someone to fix it.

| Thu 19 Jun 2014 11:03:44 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

cooky

Note sure if my problem is similar to above.
    I have had a problem with my Humax PVR-9300T. We noticed it seemed to Locked up and the drive was constantly whining with only displaying the PVR-9300T on the display. The remote or other buttons on the unit will not clear this.

Having read up on the internet I discovered your little program from Flash9200 which has appeared to let me update the Humax unit with the latest version of software onto the PVR. (PVR-9300T_1.00.26(a4_39).hdf).

Although it would not load in the normal or slow mode, it appeared to connect and load in very slow mode. I must have tried to do it 10 times now and has loaded more than one although other times it has not.
    When it appears to have loaded it has flashed up loading, prog then debug and end. Other times I have ended up with E-UT but using Debug it appears to not find the files or something but does flash up Loading.

After getting the End message I have switched off and on but the machine returns to the PVR-9300T and locked.

Have you any advice that can guide me further with this please, IE is it possible to get this fixed in anyway or is it likely to be some kind of hardware failure ?

| Fri 18 Jul 2014 18:46:02 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.