My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Misc info (was FAQ) - HB 1000S

(50 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Barry - 1 hour ago  » 
    There is at least one more error, eg post #7 in this FAQ is the correct info re record and watch.

If you mean...

Barry - 1 week ago  » 
    You can of pause/rewind the second channel, and once the first has finished recording you can then record the second including any content that was buffered.

Then explain this...

http://community.freesat.co.uk/t5/The-Freesat-Lounge/Unusual-recording-behaviour/m-p/12300#U12300

If the live broadcast of the 2nd that you paused/rewound has finished then you cannot record the 2nd.

| Mon 30 Sep 2013 18:45:02 #11 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I've read that a few times now, and it makes little sense to me.

Don't want to clutter up this HB 1000S FAQ thread with other stuff reported in places I have no intention of joining or supporting.

Edit next day: Having had time to digest a little more my scenario as per the FAQ is slightly different in that I was recording one but watching/pausing/rewinding another channel to demonstrate it is possible to record 2 channels in certain circumstances and that is still correct.

| Mon 30 Sep 2013 19:05:15 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

OK, you can comment on it here...
    http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/unusual-recording-behaviour?replies=1#post-20875

| Tue 1 Oct 2013 9:07:55 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

ian-d

Barry - 17 hours ago  » 
    I've read that a few times now, and it makes little sense to me.
    Don't want to clutter up this HB 1000S FAQ thread with other stuff reported in places I have no intention of joining or supporting.

Are you meaning JF? I have no idea why you have such a problem Barry? I am constantly allowing links and mentions of your site as it ultimately supports the Humax product; I don't see why you are so negative in reply when JF has a significant fan base in comparison and a huge advertisement for both Humax and Freesat!

I will have a look at the formatting issue again, but my box certainly didn't like the NTFS format of my USB HDD and only when switching to FAT32 did it recognise. Presumably you have tried this too? Did you even get a box to test as I can't see your review?

PS - I made no mention of recording one channel whilst watching another etc, so not sure where that quote has come from?

| Tue 1 Oct 2013 12:55:40 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Over on JF they are saying, again, that connecting a NTFS drive does not work. When changed to FAT32 it did work. So, Barry, is your guidance on this true, or is theirs?

| Tue 1 Oct 2013 13:46:19 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Pollensa1946 - 19 hours ago  » 
    Then explain this...
    http://community.freesat.co.uk/t5/The-Freesat-Lounge/Unusual-recording-behaviour/m-p/12300#U12300
    If the live broadcast of the 2nd that you paused/rewound has finished then you cannot record the 2nd.

This may be similar to some other PVRs. What was meant by the first '2nd' was a reference to the channel and not a reference to the buffered programme. An example is CBBC when it switches over to BBC 4 at 7 o'clock. Some PVRs will not record the CBBC buffer once the broadcast has ceased on CBBC and BBC 4 has started.

| Tue 1 Oct 2013 14:00:37 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

ian-d

Pollensa1946 - 26 minutes ago  » 
    Over on JF they are saying, again, that connecting a NTFS drive does not work. When changed to FAT32 it did work. So, Barry, is your guidance on this true, or is theirs?

Barry may be correct, as he's no doubt getting the info from Humax support, but when testing, I found it wouldn't work with a clean format of NTFS but was fine with FAT32. We all know that these receivers can sometimes have issue with certain makes/models of USB HDD, so maybe it wouldn't be replicated on another. When I get time, I'll try again.

Just to add, Humax have read the review and not questioned it, which adds to the confusion somewhat!

| Tue 1 Oct 2013 14:14:12 #17 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Pollensa1946 - 26 minutes ago  » 

I can tell you NTFS works fine with recordings with the HDR-1000S using a pen drive. As hard disk power requirements are not small - might need a powered caddy. I see no reason why the HB-1000S would be different.

| Tue 1 Oct 2013 14:16:16 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

ian-d

REPASSAC - 20 minutes ago  » 
    I can tell you NTFS works fine with recordings with the HDR-1000S using a pen drive. As hard disk power requirements are not small - might need a powered caddy. I see no reason why the HB-1000S would be different.

It seems USB sticks won't work on the HB-1000S, but because of the 60GB minimum capacity, I hadn't tested as I only have a 32GB one spare. If I come across a larger one, I'll give it a try unless someone can confirm?

| Tue 1 Oct 2013 14:37:52 #19 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

This is getting beyond a joke. Of course I spend my time testing and then report findings on here to mislead members

You might note from post #1 that I have tested numerous HDD and pendrives.

My info is not from Humax but my own observations, I do not normally comment on any products/software I might be testing, suffice to say my HB 1000S intial software version started with a load of leading 0's - so you might gather from that I have access to a unit for some considerable time.

No further comment from me on this, unless someone else has a question not covered so far of course.

| Tue 1 Oct 2013 14:51:47 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.