My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Misc info (was FAQ) - HB 1000S

(50 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ian-d

Barry - 2 minutes ago  » 
    You might note from post #1 that I have tested numerous HDD and pendrives.

Hence why I'm questioning it too, as I also understood that USB sticks wouldn't work and you have confirmed this "64GB & 128GB pendrives did not work". So in answer to REPASSAC, I guess the structure isn't quite the same as the HB-1000S can't, where as the HDR-1000S can.

| Tue 1 Oct 2013 14:55:29 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Barry... you can test and report as much as you like, but when someone else on a Freesat-related site tests and reports different then it is logical that questions will arise. If you choose to take offence then objectivity goes out the window.

| Tue 1 Oct 2013 15:05:49 #22 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

can't be sure about the HB1000S but I can confirm that if you connect a HDD to a usb port on a HDR1000S and format it the file system is NTFS. The box will read and write user data, afaik the first Humax box to natively support write operations to NTFS.

Like Repassac it's hard to imagine that the new box isn't similar.

I can't believe the new one will have a 4GB recording limit. On Channel 4-HD that would be just over 1 hour of recording so useless for films.

Should be very simple to find out. Anyone care to record a Channel 4 - HD movie. As an example I have a 2H 16 minute film from Channel 4 - HD that is 8.89GB.

EDIT

How would the time shift buffer file work on a FAT32 drive ?

| Tue 1 Oct 2013 15:17:54 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

ian-d

I think he was more annoyed with my opinion than yours or anyone elses.

Question, Barry, do you know if the HB-1000S supports DiSEqC 2.0?

Edit - ignore, just found out it does.

| Tue 1 Oct 2013 15:18:45 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

JF have now issued a correction...

"Following clarification with Humax (I hope they have it right), the following has been edited:

It is worth noting that due to broadcasting copyright restrictions, the USB hard drive will need to be formatted by the receiver to either FAT32 or EXT3 and therefore cannot be used with other devices, plus FAT32 has a limit of 4GB for an individual file, so don’t expect to record anything in HD of long duration.

To…

It is worth noting that due to broadcasting copyright restrictions, for recording purposes, the USB HDD must be assigned to the receiver. The format used is NTFS, though if you try using a FAT32 or EXT3 HDD, you will need to reformat to NTFS in the settings option first and then re-install the HDD."

| Tue 1 Oct 2013 16:18:02 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

ian-d

Yep, got in touch with a contact there for clarification, but haven't had a chance to check myself yet. No answer given to issue I had with the HDD I was using; said they will get back to me.

| Tue 1 Oct 2013 16:22:20 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

DEphead2004

Have connected a 2TB WD NTFS formatted drive. Recognised and used within seconds. No problems whatsoever. CS said max was 1TB

| Sun 6 Oct 2013 13:21:36 #27 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

DEphead2004 - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Have connected a 2TB WD NTFS formatted drive. Recognised and used within seconds. No problems whatsoever. CS said max was 1TB

They are obviously not up to speed with my tests at post #1

| Sun 6 Oct 2013 13:26:32 #28 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Have now tested a WD elements 3TB powered HDD, straight out of box, checked properties (see picture) connected to HB 1000S, assigned for recording, and working, post #1 amended.

Properties as taken out of box:

Attachments

1. 3TB_properties.jpg (59.7 KB, 0 downloads) 10 years old
    | Sun 6 Oct 2013 21:03:30 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

DEphead2004

I do find the lack of detail in the manual trying, hence some questions.
    In System Settings/Power Saving/Standby Mode what is the difference between Power save and Normal please?
    In General Settings/Settings/What is the timed Power Up and timed Power Down used for?
    Can you use either of these to go straight to TV and avoid the "not-so-welcome" screen?

| Mon 7 Oct 2013 9:41:25 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.