My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000s issue

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Undertoker

Hi guys
    I just purchased the above box and I'm running it through my surround sound system

When I first set it up it ran fine, but then automatically updated the firmware and now it just constantly switches the HDMI port on and off, like it's constantly being re detected.

If I bypass the surround sound box and go direct into the TV it works fine, but I want to run it through the box as I have all my other freesat boxes without any issue.

I should add that this box worked fine prior to the firmware update today, but has only done it since that update

Can anyone advise me or tell me if this issue will be resolved, it's the second box I've had that's done exactly the same thing, initially ok, then updated and then a pain in the butt. So I know for certain it is the latest firmware that is the issue, not any of my kit.

I would add that all my other fox sat boxes and kit work fine through my surround sound except this 1000s since it's been updated.
    I'm forced to currently use a manual HDMI switch as a workaround for now, but it hasn't turned out to be the great upgrade I thought it would be so far.....
    Help !!!

| Sun 30 Mar 2014 23:07:35 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Undertoker

I don't suppose I can "rollback" the firmware to an older version or possibly stop it from updating even
    I feel very frustrated at the moment in honesty

What I thought would be a very enjoyable upgrade has actually become a regrettable pain

| Sun 30 Mar 2014 23:21:40 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

If you did rollback the firmware it would just be reapplied.

Try disabling HDMI-CEC on your TV (and your surround system if it has this setting)

[Trade names for CEC are Anynet+ (Samsung), Aquos Link (Sharp), BRAVIA Link and BRAVIA Sync (Sony), HDMI-CEC (Hitachi), E-link (AOC), Kuro Link (Pioneer), CE-Link and Regza Link (Toshiba), RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI) (Onkyo), RuncoLink (Runco International), SimpLink (LG), T-Link (ITT), HDAVI Control, EZ-Sync, VIERA Link (Panasonic), EasyLink (Philips), and NetCommand for HDMI (Mitsubishi).]

| Mon 31 Mar 2014 6:39:38 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Undertoker

I tried having a look through both the tv (it's an. LG) and the Sony surround sound unit
    Nothing I turned on or off has made any difference sadly

I guess I'll just have to wait for another firmware update and hope it is one that works again
    :0(

| Tue 1 Apr 2014 18:34:29 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

keithwarrington

I had this problem with my Panasonic Viera An engineer cut the cec handshake cable in my hdmi cable. I have no problems since.

| Wed 2 Apr 2014 0:33:30 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Undertoker

This might be the only solution until a firmware comes out that works again
    I'll look into it bud
    Thank you

| Wed 2 Apr 2014 7:47:38 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Might also be worth checking if there is an update for the Sony surround unit.

| Wed 2 Apr 2014 8:31:26 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Undertoker

Good idea bud
    Though how I would
    Input any update I'm not sure as it has no DVD on it

I'll have to have a good look when my lad is in bed

Trying to do these things with a three year old climbing all over you is impossible lol

| Wed 2 Apr 2014 8:38:19 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If anyone doesn't want to butcher a hdmi cable, this IR over hdmi adaptor pair uses the cec wiring for infra red control, so resolves the issue.

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cablesson-Injector-Remote-Control-Extender/dp/B005KLROCG&tag=blusas008-21

| Wed 2 Apr 2014 9:31:34 #9 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Undertoker - 1 hour ago  » 
    Good idea bud
    Though how I would
    Input any update I'm not sure as it has no DVD on it
    I'll have to have a good look when my lad is in bed
    Trying to do these things with a three year old climbing all over you is impossible lol

USB, LAN?

Post the model number and one of us might be able to advise.

| Wed 2 Apr 2014 9:49:23 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.