My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR 2000T - New software 1.01.06

(114 posts)
  1. Marvin

Marvin

Barry - 2 hours ago  » 
    Those of you with sound issues please post your make/model of TV so I can pass on to Humax Towers.

Mine is a Samsung LE40M87
    Cheers

| Fri 24 Oct 2014 16:56:50 #91 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

avon

my tv is a samsung tv ue40es5500 which has sound problems since the
    software update, which the box did it self with no help from me.
    Also menus on the humax box appear to be slow sometimes,
    the sound problem is cleared by changing the power setting menu
    so no aerial feed through in standby

| Fri 24 Oct 2014 21:13:04 #92 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

geoff

I tried turning the 'low power standby' off and on. I've found that, after turning the TV off and on, I always lose sound. But then with 'low power standby' ON, I can recover the sound by putting the humax to standby and back, while with 'low power standby' OFF, the humax will only recover sound if it's unplugged and back on.
    Both effects are reproducible.
    Either way any recording would still be messed up. It seems to show a definite connection between the loop through mod and the sound problem.
    Humax customer support have suggested an exchange - are they thinking the hardware has variations? I am inclined to return to retail, as an exchange might complicate my refund rights.
    my TV is a Sony KDL-32V4000
    (I have checked that the TV's "Control for HDMI" is OFF)

| Fri 24 Oct 2014 21:47:04 #93 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lefteris

Hi All - I've been a fan of Humax for years - first the 9200T, then the HDR-FOX T2 but the latter sadly was destroyed by a recent lightning strike at my house ! I have just received an HDR-2000T as replacement, and was looking for the Custom Firmware to put on it. Reading all these posts, and realising that there is no Custom Firmware as yet for this model, should I return it post haste and get one of the FOX T2's Humax still have left ? Remote access and FTP'ing files off to disk for watching in Greece when there, are very important, and I don't think I want all the other problems people seem to have been having !

| Sat 25 Oct 2014 7:14:01 #94 |
  5. diddydavro

diddydavro

Marvin - 18 hours ago  » 

Barry - 2 hours ago  » 
    Those of you with sound issues please post your make/model of TV so I can pass on to Humax Towers.

Mine is a Samsung LE40M87
    Cheers

Hi Barry mine is a Samsung LE32A457

| Sat 25 Oct 2014 11:44:02 #95 |
  6. Wallace

Wallace

special member

Lefteris - 5 hours ago  » 
    ...should I return it post haste and get one of the FOX T2's Humax still have left ?

Yes. It would be a 'no-brainer' for me.

| Sat 25 Oct 2014 12:32:31 #96 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lefteris

Thanks Wallace - I've instigated a return for full refund, and ordered a FOX T2 - found a 1tb one at EBW Ltd, Nottingham. Can't wait to get my Web IF back !

| Sat 25 Oct 2014 17:01:42 #97 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

hallawthere

if i put my box on standby before changing the source on my tv when i go back to my box and put it out of standby everything works ok if i dont put it on stand by and change the soiurce abd on returning to my box i have no soundonly way to get sound back is to unplug the power to the box and plug it back inby the way my tv is a toshiba 32bv501b

| Sat 25 Oct 2014 19:36:03 #98 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

mattharesign

Re the sound issue:

Try turning ARC (Audio Return Channel) off on your tv and see if it persists.

I had a lengthy discussion via email with the Humax Tech Support people who said they'd look into it but I CBA to find out if it's been fixed as the set up I have now works fine.

Posted here:

http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/arc-problem.4307/

TTFN

Matt

| Sat 1 Nov 2014 9:19:21 #99 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Peter1683

Barry - 1 month ago  » 
    No Martin, just lucky perhaps... however I am trying to find if unit checks for software every few hours besides OTA time.
    I have one unit on old software, and no sign of update on that as yet.
    IP was enabled at 8am.

2000T/1TB. Failed with 3 separate newly formatted USB pens - never recognised download

tried overnight LAN connect on standby, no success,
    tried after midnight next night with power on, immediately requested upgrade - ip upgrade successful

| Tue 2 Dec 2014 20:02:53 #100 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.