My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR 2000T - New software 1.01.06

(114 posts)
  1. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Those of you with sound issues please post your make/model of TV so I can pass on to Humax Towers.

Only had my box a week and after updating the firmware I lose sound periodically!
    TV is a Samsung LE32A456C2D.

| Wed 31 Dec 2014 23:56:41 #101 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Barry - 2 months ago  » 
    Those of you with sound issues please post your make/model of TV so I can pass on to Humax Towers.

Sony KDL-32W705B connected via a non MHL HDMI port.

Only happens occasionally. Switching to lower power mode standby resets it OK (providing there is no recording taking place or one scheduled to start in the next 40 minutes of course.)
    I am unable to reproduce at will despite having tried a few times after it has happened based on the HDR-2000T recent activity each time.

| Thu 1 Jan 2015 10:25:54 #102 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

colirv

Barry - 2 months ago  » 

Sorry - only just noticed this post! Sony Bravia 40HX853. Occasionally don't get sound passed from the Humax (latest firmware) to the TV. Switching either/both to standby has no effect.

| Fri 2 Jan 2015 10:33:07 #103 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

colirv - 12 minutes ago  »  Switching either/both to standby has no effect.

There are a few different standby states. When, or if, this happens again try switching on power saving in standby and then switching the HDR-2000T to standby when no recording is taking place and no recordings are due to start in the following 40 minutes.

| Fri 2 Jan 2015 10:47:01 #104 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

colirv

Will do.

| Fri 2 Jan 2015 12:54:38 #105 |
  6. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Well, mine is going back due to signal strength problems. This is the second box with this problem!
    My Samsung HD TV has no signal problems, but this box connected to the same aerial, is terrible.

Sorry Humax but you've lost me as a customer!

| Fri 2 Jan 2015 13:15:48 #106 |
  7. diddydavro

diddydavro

Has the sound problem been resolved? I still have it. I reported it to Humax a few days ago. They asked me to try another HDMI socket on my TV and change the HDMI cable. I pointed out to them that it was a new TV, that I had the problem on the old TV, and that it had only become apparent since I upgraded to UKFAC 1.01.06. Nevertheless I did as they asked and it has NOT fixed the problem. They've just said: "As you have been through full trouble shooting measures on the box I think we are going to need to proceed with a warranty exchange on the box if the unit is still within warranty". AND "If the replacement box exhibits the same issues then this would point to an issue with the set up and not the Humax Product". Well if it is a software update problem it will still present on the new box? Comments please?

| Fri 16 Jan 2015 19:37:20 #107 |
  8. geoffers

geoffers

Presumably the "sound issue" in discussion is sound over HDMI.

Has anyone noticed a difference in output from the Optical (digital?) and Coax (analog?) being fed into your hifi.

The optical feed into my Denon home cinema is much quieter than the coax feed, and also experiences a minor delay (presumably digital to analog conversion) so there's a discernible echo effect if you have the TV speaker active

Connection is to a Denon Home Theatre system.

Digital V1 coax input is from the TV, which itself is coming from the Humax

Digital V2 optical input is direct from the Humax optical output.

With the TV speaker muted, selecting V1 the sound on the Denon is definitely noticeably louder than the optical V2

Also when un-muting the TV whilst V2 is selected results in a slight echo effect, so there's presumably a fractional delay in processing the optical signal

Just my observations....

| Fri 16 Jan 2015 20:32:32 #108 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

geoffers - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Presumably the "sound issue" in discussion is sound over HDMI.
    Has anyone noticed a difference in output from the Optical (digital?) and Coax (analog?) being fed into your hifi.
    The optical feed into my Denon home cinema is much quieter than the coax feed, and also experiences a minor delay (presumably digital to analog conversion) so there's a discernible echo effect if you have the TV speaker active

Connection is to a Denon Home Theatre system.
    Digital V1 coax input is from the TV, which itself is coming from the Humax
    Digital V2 optical input is direct from the Humax optical output.
    With the TV speaker muted, selecting V1 the sound on the Denon is definitely noticeably louder than the optical V2
    Also when un-muting the TV whilst V2 is selected results in a slight echo effect, so there's presumably a fractional delay in processing the optical signal
    Just my observations....

Trying to use your TV speakers will reveal minute differences between the audio sync of a few milliseconds (down to your TV), not visible in lip sync.

Using the echo is a very simple way to accurately synchronise the video from two different camcorders in a NLE video editing programme. Magnifying the audio waveform is even more accurate.

The analogue audio output levels are controlled by the box remote volume control. Turning up the volume from the default of 50% should give you the same sort of levels as output from the digital outputs. Once set you should use the appropriate destination device volume control.

Other differences are down to the individual gain settings for each input on your Denon amp. Adjusting the gain should match any analogue or digital audio input level.

| Fri 16 Jan 2015 20:51:52 #109 |
  10. geoffers

geoffers

Appreciate all that, but this wasn't the case with my previous 9200T - switching between optical and coax output from the humax didn't require any change to the volume setting on the home cinema

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

| Sat 17 Jan 2015 9:20:15 #110 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.