My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

help - unable to use ondemand or showcase

(935 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

1. Pointless getting a replacement as probably have same issue.

2. Pointless downgrading firmware as it would automatically update on standby cycle.

| Mon 22 Sep 2014 14:02:28 #91 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sime

just had a reply from Humax as well:

"This is a known issue that has been affecting HDR1000s, HDR1010s and HB1000s users. I've forwarded the details to my manager and we are aware of the issue and working on it. We hope to have it resolved soon. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this causes."

| Mon 22 Sep 2014 14:14:11 #92 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nightowl

Barry - 51 minutes ago  » 
    2. Pointless downgrading firmware as it would automatically update on standby cycle.

Hence my question as to how widespread the problem is. If this only affects a small number of units then getting a replacement seems entirely worthwhile. I take it from your second point that automatic updates can't be disabled?

| Mon 22 Sep 2014 14:59:53 #93 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Nightowl - 5 minutes ago  » 

Hence my question as to how widespread the problem is. If this only affects a small number of units then getting a replacement seems entirely worthwhile.

Since it seems it's a software error, all units running the current software should, logically, be subject to the same problem. Whether it does or doesn't manifest itself may be down to differences in usage and/or configuration.

Just out of curiosity, are you able to access On Demand via a different path? Can you access the catchup players via the backwards EPG? (That is, not the 900 channels but going backwards on C4 etc)

| Mon 22 Sep 2014 15:13:00 #94 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sime

JamesB - 11 minutes ago  » 

Just out of curiosity, are you able to access On Demand via a different path? Can you access the catchup players via the backwards EPG? (That is, not the 900 channels but going backwards on C4 etc)

No that doesn't work either.

Humax ought to do the right thing and recall the affected boxes.

| Mon 22 Sep 2014 15:25:45 #95 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

bilbo1903

Hi there everyone, This is my first post so hope i'm doing it ok.
    I bought my first humax freetime 1000s box 5 days ago having decided to drop sky. Like everyone else I have the same problem in not being able to access the on demand channels. I can get bbc iplayer on channel 901 which I have been told is part of humax specification. The other demand channels freesat ID and Showcase etc are part of freesat and as a result have phoned them for an answer.
    Freesat Customer Services have said they are fully aware of problem and are working on it but it will be next Monday the 29th of Sept. before it will be up and running after which time a factory reset will be required. He suggested phoning to double check that it has been fixed before altering setting.

| Mon 22 Sep 2014 15:29:42 #96 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

They're not getting mine

Thanks for answering my question.

| Mon 22 Sep 2014 15:30:45 #97 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nightowl

Sime - 33 minutes ago  » 

JamesB - 11 minutes ago  » 

No that doesn't work either.

Same here. Trying to access any internet function from the EPG fails.

| Mon 22 Sep 2014 16:02:34 #98 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

To explain the reason for my question: I wondered whether access to On Demand via the menu might be blocked as a result of the box wrongly failing a "Is box connected?" check on that path. Since EPG access also fails, my speculation gets us nowhere.

| Mon 22 Sep 2014 16:16:01 #99 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nightowl

JamesB - 5 minutes ago  » 

To explain the reason for my question: I wondered whether access to On Demand via the menu might be blocked as a result of the box wrongly failing a "Is box connected?" check on that path. Since EPG access also fails, my speculation gets us nowhere.

But network settings shows connected, so I'd say that's exactly what's happening. I get this banner that slides down from the top of the screen saying "On Demand not available" whenever I try to *action* something that requires an Internet connection.

| Mon 22 Sep 2014 16:27:04 #100 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.