My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

help - unable to use ondemand or showcase

(935 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Quantum

Still no luck here. Very frustrated as I bought a Humax 1000s just over a month ago precisely so I could watch catch up/ on demand services. As yet I haven't been able to watch any. I am considering asking for a refund or replacement for a box which works.

| Wed 29 Oct 2014 10:30:15 #611 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rocksta

Quantum - 12 minutes ago  » 
    Still no luck here. Very frustrated as I bought a Humax 1000s just over a month ago precisely so I could watch catch up/ on demand services. As yet I haven't been able to watch any. I am considering asking for a refund or replacement for a box which works.

I suggest emailing Freesat and ask them to help you. They have been willing recently to get an engineer to phone you and talk you through things.

| Wed 29 Oct 2014 10:44:18 #612 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Quantum - 2 hours ago  » 

Check your Private Messages (PM's) please.

| Wed 29 Oct 2014 12:47:07 #613 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

columbduffy

Anyone any idea how to solve this issue? I bought a HDR-1000s this week and all worked fine until I updated the firmware, now it just fails on any network related features.

Very unimpressed and will be returning if I don't get resolution....

Anyone know how to rollback to previous version of firmware?

| Wed 29 Oct 2014 22:33:12 #614 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Quantum

columbduffy - I called Freesat this moring and they said that the issue is with them (and particularly affecting Humax) and are fairly confident of a re-release to fix the problem by early next week.

| Wed 29 Oct 2014 22:49:59 #615 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

h-man

columbduffy - 1 hour ago  » 
    Anyone any idea how to solve this issue? I bought a HDR-1000s this week and all worked fine until I updated the firmware, now it just fails on any network related features.

Hi Columbduffy, have you tried the dns method....seems like all people here on the forums have sorted their boxes by one way or another. the DNS change worked for me. have you tried it?

| Wed 29 Oct 2014 23:49:17 #616 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

columbduffy - 9 hours ago  » 

Can you get Iplayer on 901? - If not you do have a network problem. Has the unit acquired an ip (system info - network)?

| Thu 30 Oct 2014 8:19:56 #617 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

MentalLentil

Well my HDR-1000S started working a couple of weeks ago after having failed with the same problem so many others have been having (i.e. works on 901 but not OnDemand etc) but now no longer works again.

This fault has been around for what 6 weeks now? This is really unacceptable though fortunately for me I don't use catch up very much, if it was a major feature for me I would be expecting my money back (yes I know the fault is being reported as Freesat rather than Humax but Humax are selling boxes that don't do what they said they would). For anyone wondering about Freetime or Youview fairly obviously Youview is the choice at the moment.

| Thu 30 Oct 2014 20:46:38 #618 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

nickbox

Does anyone know if there's any news on official fixes?? Have tried the manual DNS changes and made no difference. Access to 901 iPlayer works sporadically... Media share over network to a NAS drive works 100% of the time, so networking is not an issue... Anyone any other hints?!

Cheers

Nick

| Mon 3 Nov 2014 13:27:33 #619 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

nickbox - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Does anyone know if there's any news on official fixes?? Have tried the manual DNS changes and made no difference. Access to 901 iPlayer works sporadically... Media share over network to a NAS drive works 100% of the time, so networking is not an issue... Anyone any other hints?!
    Cheers
    Nick

"Media share over network to a NAS drive works 100% of the time, so networking is not an issue..." LAN Access is not an issue.

901 iPlayer works sporadically... Sounds like WAN access has a few problems.

Does your unit show an IP address in settings network and that you are connected?
    What happens when you can and access both Showcase and On-demand via Home?

| Mon 3 Nov 2014 13:42:27 #620 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.