My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax 1010s/1Tb did I buy the wrong box?

(22 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lindberg146

Mr Thompson

In respect to "eye witness" report I fear I may have misinformed you somewhat, my reservations were suggested, however, I momentarily glimpsed the dish whilst is was being removed from the installers van and apparently "saw" what I expected to see.

It is not possible to see the dish from ground level subsequently since your post I have clambered up the adjacent hill and with my 10x50 bin's am able to identify the dish to have emblazon on the face " Triax" and from utilisation of the builtin rangefinder am able to establish the dimeter to be circa 90cm and does not appear to be elliptical at all but circular the colour is "anthracite". This would correlate to their TD range 88cm.

The inclusion of comparative web site links proved with you reply proved exceptionally informative.

In conclusion it was quite inappropriate to make asumptions and should have confirmed the facts prior to posting reply ...apologies.

| Sat 26 Jul 2014 8:49:38 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

No apologies required. You should be able to use any standard universal or SCR lnb with that dish.

| Sat 26 Jul 2014 9:17:30 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lindberg146

Gentlemen, as a newbie i have further difficulties perhaps someone may have some ideas how to resolve. I have spent an hour or so searching web in respect of how the sync the volume on 1010S
    with the volume of "other channels terrestrial DTV controlled via Samsung remote. i.e. the 1010S volume will not apparently exceed 50% on side bar .....BUT to achieve audibility I have to crank up the volume on the Samsung remote, subsequently when switched from sat TV to terrestrial TV the volume knocks the walls down for as long as it takes to tune down.

Is it possible to sync the two ?...I have tried with both at "1" this allows regular TV to be just audible but switch to 1010S it is inaudible until around + "20"

Additionally, although 1010S identifies WiFi connected cannot use BBC I-player message as posted by linda previously "something went wrong ...."this is displayed each time i attempt .

yours hopefully

| Sat 26 Jul 2014 19:14:51 #13 |
  4. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Lindberg146 - 2 hours ago  » 
    . the 1010S volume will not apparently exceed 50% on side bar ....

50 is Max, 50% is 25
    For me I have my box volume set to max (50) and just use the TV volume to control the level, which with my Samsung it's at level 10 which is good enough for both HD,SD and the TVs Freeview tuner.

| Sat 26 Jul 2014 21:33:11 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lindberg146

Gentlemen

Apropos my earlier queries I have now (today) heard from my dish installer to whom I sent information and the links kindly provided in respect of uni-cable LNB's ...The response is to decry the items suggested as rubbish and unreliable but he intends to retro fit one to my dish in a few days...??

However, I understand from the learned REPASSAC that even with this type of LNB i shall not be able to utilise the facilities of my 1010S until a future softwear update 9would there be any news on this field)

Secondly, i fear I may know the response to be in the negative...however it is my anticipation that when the "smart" LNB fitted I shall be able to watch/record horizontal and vertical axis transmission simultaneously.........( ITV & BBC for a simple example).

In the event I am misunderstanding the excellent information provided am i correct in assuming that if this goal in not to be achieved the additional expense for single co-axial "smart" LNB will bring no further benefit to my viewing situation.

Here we are wrestling with TV signals & hardware yet Rosetta is competing it's intercept mission after quite a few miles of travel....wonder if they use a very long low loss coaxial and even more special LNB....?

| Thu 7 Aug 2014 11:38:27 #15 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Now news on the addition of Unicable support - I hope that is still planned.

I have had one Unicable LNB driving two Foxsat HDRs (4 feeds in total) at my previous location. I understand it will drive up to 8 feeds. See this full description.

| Thu 7 Aug 2014 11:58:54 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lindberg146

Mr. REPASSAC

Thank you for the links provided, However, my comprehension of the contents is not total subsequently perhaps you are able to confirm, theoretically, my understanding ( it is clear you are unable to anticipate individual circumstances or indeed individual installer methods).

As I see it, in light that multiple devices HDR's are "feed" via single uni- cable LNB and given that the user of each individual device may probably be viewing a signal NOT of common polarity with other users this LNB would permit viewing of horizontal (12v) signal AND recording of vertical (10v ) signal simultaneously or vice versa.

Trust my inadequate understanding not to be overly frustrating.

| Thu 7 Aug 2014 15:11:16 #17 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The switching [V/H Low/High] that is carried out by universal LNB is done because the cable can not carry all the bandwidth at once down the cable.

A Unicable LNB has a different approach - to support 8 feeds each feed is assigned a frequency and the receiver requests the channel that it wants from the LNB (Using a DiSCEqC command). As all 8 frequencies can be handled by the cable at the same time switching V/H L/H by the receiver is not required.

The receiver MUST support Unicable (also called SCR and SCD).
    Only software support is necessary.

The single unicable output can be split multiple times. The splitters MUST be a two-way (or multiple-way splitter) so that the control signals can pass.

An example of use would be Unicable LNB > Loft > Splitter >
    > Cable to Main viewing area > Splitter > Feed 1 and 2
    > Cable to 2nd area > splitter > Feed 1 and 2.

Most Unicable LNB's also have one "legacy" LNB which operates as a single output universal LNB.

The Foxsat is the only freesat device that I am aware of that currently supports Unicable. Within Europe (Especially Germany) Unicable is more common.

To use Unicable on a Foxsat there is a hidden Antenna menu where Unicable (SCD) can be selected.

| Thu 7 Aug 2014 15:42:03 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lindberg146

Mr REPASSAC

A comprehensive explanation in a nutshell....and the apparent answer to my header question of "Humax 1010s/1Tb did I buy the wrong box? " seems to be ....Yes! I bought the wrong box - but subject to softwear evolution and distribution.

Which is a disappointment as I communicated with HUMAX technical directly and asked the express question in respect of FOXSAT capability and advantages of FOXSAT their response was to affirm they did not acknowledge SCR/SCD any capability to be possible.

I imagine that in the event I have a SCD LNB fitted it will be on no use until further softwear is released to support SDC on the 1010S.....Is this likely or imminent ? if so it may be useful while the installer is co-operative to have the LNB fitted.

A further point is how would a user (me or others) be aware of forthcoming softwear issue and the content of such amendments..? am I correct to assume it to be included with the automatic revision upload .....currently using version UKSFAA2.01.05 - 11 june 2014.

I do realise there to be number of diverse questons included above and would be grateful to all forum members be able to contribute to my understanding of the current dilemma as stated.

I trust in the future I shall in some small way become in a position to also exchange, offer and share proficiency and gained knowledge with other forum members.

| Fri 8 Aug 2014 8:15:42 #19 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Mr Lindburg146.

Sometimes support staff are not familiar with very infrequently used functions.

See page GB75 of the user manual also on GB16.
    "DiSEqC Control Version1.0, 1.2, USALS, SCD (Single Cable Distribution)"

I have no news re this function on the twin tuner models of the freetime freesat units.

Just peaked at your original posts and it does start with the topic of Unicable rather than your problem.
    There may well be other solutions we can suggest.

| Fri 8 Aug 2014 8:45:44 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.