My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Humax DTRT2100 (BT Youview+) Lockups

(59 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Le_Blur

I have had the latest Humax/BT DTRT2100 Youview+ box for just over a week now. In that time it has locked-up 3 or 4 times when coming out of standby (Low ECO mode). When this happens it just goes to a black screen with 'HDMI 1' at the top left of the screen, Tuner 1 at the top middle, and the time at the top right. I have proved that the 'Tuner 1' at the top middle of the screen is coming from the Youview box so there is connectivity over HDMI 1.

When the lockup occurs a mains reset sometimes cures this but once several resets failed to restore the picture output, but this then rectified itself when the box started a pre-programmed recording.

Has anyone else experienced this Black Screen when coming out of standby?

Is this likely to be a software bug or a faulty unit?

The box was not directly supplied via BT so I'm not sure how interested they would be in this issue, if at all.

Many thanks

| Thu 31 Jul 2014 12:55:05 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Who provided it to the original owner?

If it came from BT as part of a TV subscription package, then not only will BT not be interested, but they may have already examined the box and replaced it as faulty.

You could try a Maintenance Mode reset. See http://videos.youview.com/support/maintenance_mode.pdf
    Those instructions are for the DTR-T1000, so you'll need to adjust to suit the button layout on the DTR-T2100.

If you manage to download and install the current software (Internet / USB Recovery), all may be well. Or you may find it works for a while and then the problem recurs.

If you aren't able to take it through the recovery procedure, and there's no warranty, I'd suggest you contact whoever you got it from.

| Thu 31 Jul 2014 13:42:21 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Le_Blur

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply. It is appreciated.

The box was purchased as new from a company on eBay. The box was fully sealed so I can only presume it was brand new. All contents were packaged and appeared to be unused/brand new.

I performed an upgrade during setup. It is running:
    Manufacturer Software: 17.3.0
    Component Software: 2.4.0
    Platform Config: 910
    ISP Config: 84

I'll try a maintenance mode recovery the next time this occurs, if possible.

| Thu 31 Jul 2014 13:59:01 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Le_Blur

Am I correct in presuming that a maintenance mode recovery will wipe all recordings?

| Thu 31 Jul 2014 14:02:33 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Le_Blur

Le_Blur - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Am I correct in presuming that a maintenance mode recovery will wipe all recordings?

Forget the last question. The procedure is clear on which resets etc... maintain/wipe recordings.

| Thu 31 Jul 2014 14:05:54 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Have a look at the options on that link I posted. The recommended option (recommended by Humax/YouView ) is the fourth one down - Internet / USB Recovery, Keep Recordings.

But you could lose them anyway, of course, if the box fails to recover properly.

| Thu 31 Jul 2014 14:08:49 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

The box was purchased as new from a company on eBay. The box was fully sealed so I can only presume it was brand new. All contents were packaged and appeared to be unused/brand new.
    In that case a MM reset may do the trick. Good luck.

| Thu 31 Jul 2014 14:12:04 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Also - if your box was originally designated for retail sale (rather than for distribution by BT), in theory it ought to be covered by a one-year manufacturer's warranty, upgradeable to two years by registration.

You can find out what category your box is in, by registering for the second-year extension at http://int.humaxdigital.com/registrations/uk/Registrations.aspx.

If your registration attempt succeeds - as I understand it, that means you automatically had a one-year warranty all along, and now you have a two-year warranty.

But if the box was originally part of a batch designated for distribution by BT, it's not covered by a Humax warranty and the registration attempt will fail.

If you decide to try the registration procedure, I'd be interested to hear the outcome.

| Thu 31 Jul 2014 15:01:34 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Le_Blur

Hi James B,

I fell at the first fence with the registration in that the form asks for a 14 digit serial number but my serial number is in the form:
    +<6 numbers>+<10 numbers>.

| Thu 31 Jul 2014 16:16:51 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

That seems to confirm that these new boxes have no warranty, even if they're purchased retail.

Did the recovery procedure work?

| Thu 31 Jul 2014 16:38:49 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.