My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Humax DTRT2100 (BT Youview+) Lockups

(59 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Le_Blur

Earlier (via another Forum's suggestion):
    I've managed to get it to fail a couple of times this afternoon by putting the Youview box into standby for 5 to 10 mins while the TV was left on HDMI 1.

Switching away from HDMI 1 and back again did not cure the problem but putting the TV into standby and back out again did.

I have moved the connection on the TV to HDMI 4 to see if this makes a difference. Not managed to get it to fail so far.

| Thu 31 Jul 2014 16:51:23 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Le_Blur

Then:
    "Could be CEC on the TV which is not playing nicely with the Youview box. You could try turning it off on the TV and connect to HDM1 again."

My response - HDMI CEC now turned off and connection moved back to HDMI 1. Will see how this goes.

| Thu 31 Jul 2014 16:52:36 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

JamesB - 4 hours ago  » 
    That seems to confirm that these new boxes have no warranty, even if they're purchased retail.

I suppose the BT-badged retail boxes have no Humax warranty because Humax doesn't provide the support, or the updates. An unsatisfactory situation, in my opinion, for boxes to be sold at retail with no manufacturer support.

Presumably the new DTR-T2000 box does come with the usual Humax warranty.

| Thu 31 Jul 2014 21:08:43 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

So if Humax didn't send these boxes to Argos etc, who did? BT?

Edit. Apparently so, and apparently BT do provide the support. See Barry's post at http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/which-dtr-humax-unit/page/2#post-28307

So if you do have any more trouble with the box, you should be able to ring BT Technical Support for assistance. Good luck trying to convince BT's phone operatives of that, though.

| Thu 31 Jul 2014 21:19:07 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Le_Blur

Hi James B,

As per my previous post, my DTRT2100 came from eBay, not Argos. I'm not sure what the full retail packaging is like. This was just a plain-ish, brown cardboard box with various details and logos referring to Youiew+ box from BT. There was a leaflet inside for returning your old BT set-top box to BT for recycling. No warranty card, though.

It looks like, from the serial number failure for the Humax warranty, that this box should have been for BT distribution only, at a guess, and not for retail sale.

| Thu 31 Jul 2014 22:30:14 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Le_Blur - 13 minutes ago  » 
    Hi James B,
    As per my previous post, my DTRT2100 came from eBay, not Argos. I'm not sure what the full retail packaging is like. This was just a plain-ish, brown cardboard box with various details and logos referring to Youiew+ box from BT. There was a leaflet inside for returning your old BT set-top box to BT for recycling. No warranty card, though.
    It looks like, from the serial number failure for the Humax warranty, that this box should have been for BT distribution only, at a guess, and not for retail sale.

That's what I thought, but then I remembered Barry's post confirming that these boxes are supported by BT, not Humax. That explains the non-standard serial number. The serial number fails the Humax form because the box doesn't have a Humax warranty. It doesn't identify the box as not intended for retail sale. I'd be inclined to assume that the box is legit, new, and intended for retail sale, until/unless evidence to the contrary emerges.

A very confusing situation, but that's par for the course, for YouView.

| Thu 31 Jul 2014 23:05:37 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Amazon listing at https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Humax-DTR-T2100-YouView-Recorder-GSM-Fonz/dp/B00JANWNPS#productDetails&tag=blusas008-21 shows a BT-badged DTR-T2100 being offered for retail sale, brown box, no warranty. Is the packaging similar to yours?

| Thu 31 Jul 2014 23:22:19 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Le_Blur

Yes, that is the very same box that I received which was sealed in a thick-ish, shrink wrapped, clear plastic.

| Fri 1 Aug 2014 8:00:37 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

So your box is probably from the same batch(es) that appeared in Argos and other retail shops at about the same time BT started distributing it to their customers. For whatever reason, it seems BT sent some of their boxes out for retail sale.

They did this when their first BT-badged boxes appeared, back in 2013. Again, I don't know why. Possibly, it may be written into the tortuous YouView partnership agreement that all models of YouView box have to be made available for retail purchase.

| Fri 1 Aug 2014 9:33:30 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Le_Blur

....or it may have been part of some lorry spillage on the motorway. I can't see any tyre marks on the packaging!

| Fri 1 Aug 2014 10:24:02 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.