My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Humax HDR Fox T2 Freeview problems

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Southern Blue

I have had HDR Fox T2 box for nearly two years now and it has performed fine until the last two weeks when it has suffered from a myriad of problems - namely:
    1. Most (but not all)recordings fail with an error message "unable to track programme" - this seems to occur across a range of channels
    2. One recording started ok but then failed 22minutes through an hour programme
    3. When reviewing recorded programmes I press "menu" and then select "video" in the usual way and then get an on screen message "processing". Usually this disappears after a few seconds and I see my list of folders and recorded programmes but instead now ,on occasions, the "processing" message just remains on screen indefinitely and the box hangs.
    4. Last night I selected subtitles but this failed to work ,after a couple more tries the box hung again.

Several times I have tried rebooting by switching on and off - this seems to clear some of the problems temporarily but they then recur. Have also done a full automatic station search.

My box is connected to my wifi via a dongle - but I rarely use this.

Any views on how I might clear this please?.

Thanks

| Sun 2 Nov 2014 20:51:42 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

I would start with a factory reset, then...

Para 2 can be an indication that you are receiving signals from more then one transmitter, do you have any channels listed in the 800 range - if so carry out a manual tune see Link for details on how to successfully achieve this.

| Mon 3 Nov 2014 0:18:02 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Southern Blue - 3 hours ago  » 
    1. Most (but not all)recordings fail with an error message "unable to track programme" - this seems to occur across a range of channels

Can you make an instant recording?

3. When reviewing recorded programmes I press "menu" and then select "video" in the usual way and then get an on screen message "processing". Usually this disappears after a few seconds and I see my list of folders and recorded programmes but instead now ,on occasions, the "processing" message just remains on screen indefinitely and the box hangs.

That sounds like a file system/hard drive problem; hard to say which without any diagnostic information.

Have also done a full automatic station search.

A manual tune would be better see Link to manual tuning FAQ My suggestion would be to install the custom firmware. This will have two benefits: it will allow access to the diagnostic information that the hard drive holds on its own health (SMART data) and it will provide a tool called fix-disk to try and correct file system problems.

| Mon 3 Nov 2014 0:37:50 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.