My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Issues reported elsewhere that I cannot.....

(29 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ejstubbs

Further info as I see this is still getting coverage.
    My timers list, all series record items, consisted of weekday and weekly programmes, some 21 timers in total, SD and HD.

Something Graham brought up on the thread on the other forum: I use auto-padding. If you were using accurate recording for your testing, that might be another factor contributing to the difference.

| Fri 15 Jul 2011 9:52:29 #11 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

ejstubbs - 15 minutes ago  » 

My timers list, all series record items, consisted of weekday and weekly programmes, some 21 timers in total, SD and HD.

Something Graham brought up on the thread on the other forum: I use auto-padding. If you were using accurate recording for your testing, that might be another factor contributing to the difference.

That may well be a factor as I always use AR. What padding settings are you using?

Can I just make something clear as well. My intentions with this thread is not to belittle or rubbish any reported issues, but to try and understand what, if anything, has gone wrong - if possible try and replicate, and then report to Humax Towers for the engineers to investigate.

| Fri 15 Jul 2011 10:08:40 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ejstubbs - 1 hour ago  » 

The hypotheses is padding adds no 15mins extra time at the start of the recording so may be no opportunity to update the epg. just might be a factor.

| Fri 15 Jul 2011 11:31:15 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

ejstubbs

Barry - 5 hours ago  » 
    That may well be a factor as I always use AR. What padding settings are you using?

2 minutes before, 5 minutes after.

It was my understanding (again, more than happy to be corrected) that even when using auto-padding the box wakes up before the scheduled time to check that the programme start time hasn't slipped.

Barry - 5 hours ago  » 
    Can I just make something clear as well. My intentions with this thread is not to belittle or rubbish any reported issues, but to try and understand what, if anything, has gone wrong - if possible try and replicate, and then report to Humax Towers for the engineers to investigate.

No problem. My explanation about the timings of events around DSO in my case was intended simply to deflect any suggestion that my experience was solely "because of DSO". I am willing to accept that the change to the BBC mux could have been a factor, but I would much prefer to think that the problem was fully understood so that we can be confident that it is unlikely to recur.

| Fri 15 Jul 2011 16:37:11 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

In respect of the Foxsat-hdr which the pre AR 15 mins is obvious because the clock becomes illuminated and pressing the boot button gives an instant boot, with auto padding the box wakes at the scheduled time eg with -2 minutes auto padding and a scheduled time of say 16:00 the box wakes (the clock displays) at 15:58 and the record icon is illuminated. It's not so obvious on my HD FOX T2 because the display gives no obvious indication it's booted and recording.

| Fri 15 Jul 2011 18:19:23 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

xyz321

grahamlthompson - 1 day ago  » 
    It's not so obvious on my HD FOX T2 because the display gives no obvious indication it's booted and recording.

The timer and 'rec' icons do appear but are very dim, when in standby record (with power saving mode on).

| Sun 17 Jul 2011 12:04:18 #16 |
  7. brian

brian

special member

xyz321 - 17 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 day ago  » 
    It's not so obvious on my HD FOX T2 because the display gives no obvious indication it's booted and recording.

The timer and 'rec' icons do appear but are very dim, when in standby record (with power saving mode on).

Graham is talking about the HD-FOX T2 which does not have timer and rec icons.

| Sun 17 Jul 2011 12:24:05 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Tried part one of an experiment last night, I set a autopadded recording using +- 5 minutes (Harry Potter - Behind the Magic 19:15-20:15. This morning before booting the box I removed the aerial to avoid any epg updating. The programme had recorded for 70 mins as expected and the schedule updated to the 23rd July. The epg though was full of blanks and no data at all for next Sunday. Coincidence not sure. Anyway powered off restored the aerial, turned off autopadding and left the box for 15 minutes which populated the epg including next Sunday. I have two AR recordings set for tonight, I intend to repeat the above tommorow, it will be interesting to see if the epg is fully populated.

| Sun 17 Jul 2011 15:42:15 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

xyz321

brian - 5 hours ago  » 

It is not the first time that I have misread a post as pertaining to the HDR when in an HDR forum.

| Sun 17 Jul 2011 18:04:34 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

xyz321 - 12 minutes ago  » 

brian - 5 hours ago  » 

It is not the first time that I have misread a post as pertaining to the HDR when in an HDR forum.

In this case the situation is most likely to pertain to both boxes. It would be pretty daft to start a duplicate thread. Apart from only having one tuner the two boxes are remarkably similar and now even share the same firmware version. After hopefully finding something significant I will be asking HDR FOX T2 owners to confirm. Early days

| Sun 17 Jul 2011 18:22:08 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.