My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

PVR-9300T won't fully load

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sarah2014

My PVR-9300T crashed yesterday so I rebooted the box. It now loads to 98% and then stops and tries again. I have tried switching off and removing the ariel and that didn't work. Humax wouldn't help as it's just out of guarantee. Is there anything I can do to fix it myself? Any help appreciated.

| Tue 20 May 2014 9:23:08 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

As you have tried aerial out - and if I understand correctly the reboots still occurred. Then only other suggestion it to try uploading software again.

Have a read of this guide:

http://www.tynecomp.co.uk/flash9200.html

| Tue 20 May 2014 11:45:51 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Sarah2014 - 5 hours ago  » 
    My PVR-9300T crashed yesterday so I rebooted the box. It now loads to 98% and then stops and tries again. I have tried switching off and removing the ariel and that didn't work.

For the sake of clarity, you need to boot the box with the aerial out. If that and Barry's remedies don't work then try opening the box and disconnecting the hard drive. If it will boot with no hard drive then connect the hard drive to a PC and wipe the disk with a disk wiping utility.

| Tue 20 May 2014 15:23:15 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sarah2014

thank you tried to upload the file but kept getting errors possibly as I was usuing a convertor. I have opened the box and managed to boot up the device without whilst diconnecting the hard drive. how do I connect the hard drive to the laptop to use the disk wiping utility?

| Fri 23 May 2014 16:25:54 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Sarah2014 - 3 hours ago  » 
    thank you tried to upload the file but kept getting errors possibly as I was usuing a convertor.

Thousands and thousands of boxes have been updated using a USB to serial converter; what errors did you get?

I have opened the box and managed to boot up the device without whilst diconnecting the hard drive.

That sounds promising.

how do I connect the hard drive to the laptop to use the disk wiping utility?

You need a USB to SATA converter such as Link to eBay

| Fri 23 May 2014 19:45:40 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sarah2014

ok i have ordered this thanks, is it straight forward enough as im not sure what i'm doing?

| Fri 30 May 2014 21:15:56 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sarah2014

I have my usb sata coverter and have attached it to the pc what do I do now? please

| Sat 7 Jun 2014 11:40:59 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Sarah2014 - 2 days ago  » 
    I have my usb sata coverter and have attached it to the pc what do I do now?

Sorry for delay in replying, been rather busy.

Download a disk wiping utility such as Link to disk wipe
    Unplug the Humax from the mains, take off the lid (5 obvious screws), remove the SATA leads from the hard drive and connect the SATA adaptor to the hard drive (if you bought an adaptor which came with a power supply then use that; if not leave the power lead from the Humax connected but be VERY careful not to touch the Humax power supply). Turn on power and use the disk wipeing utility to erase the Humax disk NB be very careful that you do not erase the wrong drive. Reconnect the Humax cables to the drive and when the Humax boots it should offer to format the disk; accept this and the box should be working again.

| Mon 9 Jun 2014 18:54:05 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.