My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Questions/Queries

(62 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

No unfortunately not.

It is multicode, ie you can change the remote code so it does not conflict with other Humax units such as T2 or the Foxsat G1.

You could of course use the Foxsat G1 or T2 remote instead to control the HDR 1000S

| Tue 11 Sep 2012 21:20:43 #12 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

cheule

Oh dear.

I use my current HDR remote to do double duty as a remote control for XBMC via FLIRC. Very handy indeed.

| Tue 11 Sep 2012 21:26:11 #13 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

As we have had some changes today on freesat, thought I'd ask how changes are made on HDR 1000S

The answer is dynamic - ie changes are reflected as they occur

| Thu 13 Sep 2012 12:05:55 #14 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

laptopu

Hello, I have been involved in the satellite industry for around 20 years and this is probably only the third box I have really got excited about (the other two being the Chaparral Monterey and the Nokia MediaMaster, anyone remember those?!).

I am going to be ditching Sky in favour of this box but have a couple of questions. Firstly I have seen mention on some forums of a 'zapper' box being available. What is a zapper box, is it a basic satellite receiver that can use DLNA to connect to the main Freetime box, or is it something else? What's Humax's intentions to rolling out zapper boxes?

Secondly I have AV cabling around the house so I will be able to connect this straight into scart and view the one box on any TV in the house like I do with Sky already, so no change there. What I do have is a magic eye away from the box for one reason - just to turn the receiver on in a morning so I can turn the speakers on in the bathroom for my favourite radio station. It's obvious to me a magic eye won't work on this receiver, and with no RF output I cannot see any sort of equivalent. So here's my question. Will it be possible to turn the box on at a set time each morning so it automatically comes onto the channel I want, or will I have to leave the box on all night?

| Sat 15 Sep 2012 10:24:53 #15 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Zapper is a term some use to describe a pvr (heaven knows why). All the Humax pvrs so far have a power on and power off timer and being new it will also have auto power off which turns the box off after a set interval when no remote control activity has ceased. As the latter is a EU requirement it seems certain the new box will have the above.

In any case you can buy various units which will power your magic eyes and retransmit as ir so you can control most anything with ir remote control.

One example

http://www.triax.co.uk/Products/Domestic%20Distribution%20Products/Tri-Link%20Kit.aspx?productId=%7B86F5253D-76C3-41B6-8BEA-008A662D5C2B%7D&Tab=0

| Sat 15 Sep 2012 10:33:48 #16 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

andygittings

I thought Zapper was the term for a basic non-pvr box... Like the HD-FOX-T2 zapper vs. HDR-FOX-T2 PVR...?

In the case of the above models you can share media recorded on the HDR onto the HD box via the network connection

Andy

| Sat 15 Sep 2012 11:22:02 #17 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

andygittings - 1 hour ago  » 
    I thought Zapper was the term for a basic non-pvr box... Like the HD-FOX-T2 zapper vs. HDR-FOX-T2 PVR...?
    In the case of the above models you can share media recorded on the HDR onto the HD box via the network connection
    Andy

I suspect you are 100% correct

Still a daft name. it sounds like a gizmo to kill flies

| Sat 15 Sep 2012 12:44:57 #18 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

andygittings

Have reserved a HD-1000S and have cancelled Sky-TV so hopefully it'll be released soon.

The interface looks very good, and I am looking forward to being able to play media from DLNA or USB, and if we get eventually get Netflix that'll be my PS3 out of the window too..

The idea of a single box solution for live TV, recording, catch up, archived media and IPTV services with an easy to use interface will increase the W.A.F. (Wife Acceptability Factor)...

Andy

| Sat 15 Sep 2012 13:46:38 #19 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

I thought a zapper was what the americans called a remote control. I hate things being given a daft name when there's already a proper word for it, I must be getting old

| Sat 15 Sep 2012 13:48:49 #20 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

andygittings

They do, and you're not... It's a silly name for anything

Andy

| Sat 15 Sep 2012 13:50:06 #21 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.