My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Hard Drive's Probably Dead

(37 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sherbet66

I lost all On Demand at the start of the week, so I power cycled this to try and re-establish this content. When the box re-booted I noticed all of my recording were gone, I now can't record or pause so I reckon that the hard drive is packed in. I've tried a factory reset to no avail.

I bought this 23.12.2012 from Richer Sounds, does anyone know the warranty these boxes shipped with?

I guess that is what is going to happen when your hard drive is set to spin up every 15 minutes....

Does anyone know can any 1TB Drive go in this box?

Dave

| Wed 28 Jan 2015 7:08:00 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I would not give up on the Hard Disk yet.
    Does settings show a disk present? If not I would explorer inside to see the connectors are fixed well.
    If it does it is a possible logical disk error and after trying a few standby cycles first I would try a disk format.

Warranty is 12 months but if registered with Humax 2 years. Richer Sounds may have offered you longer.

Power cycles should really be tried when the unit is in standby as it is never a good idea to pull the power when it is writing to disk, which it does constantly to provide the Pause / Timeslip facilities.

| Wed 28 Jan 2015 8:20:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sherbet66

Thanks REPASSAC,

I've taken the box out of standby to check the if the disk is present as you advised and my recordings have now returned and i am now able to pause/record, so this does appear to rectify itself after a period of time and going in/out standby(overnight in my case) however my On Demand is away again.

Re the Power Cycle, I had put the box in standby before pulling the power.

Thanks again.

| Wed 28 Jan 2015 8:33:28 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The no recording issue seems to happen when you look just after coming out of standby. A quick standby cycle of 60 seconds restored it for me the twice it happened.

The on-demand issue is believed to be a problem at freesat's end.
    The only suggestion I have is to enter Settings > Network and select again "Connect Automatically". I get the impression that this forces a recheck from freesat's advice.

| Wed 28 Jan 2015 14:42:22 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sherbet66

Good to know, I'll try that when I get home.

Dave

| Wed 28 Jan 2015 14:47:48 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sherbet66

On-Demand back up and running, so all good.

| Thu 29 Jan 2015 6:52:18 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sherbet66

Annoyingly all of my recordings have gone again and I am unable to access iPlayer (02100) error no connection although other online works fine. Bloody annoying. Any ideas why the box has gone haywire? I've tried a power cycle, no joy.

| Mon 2 Feb 2015 20:00:09 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Try a standby cycle and don't check recordings for a few minutes after boot.

| Tue 3 Feb 2015 11:32:20 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

If you got it from Richer Sounds have you not got their 5 year guarantee? If not then a false economy as it costs less than £20 and if not used then you get your money back at the end of 5 years.

| Tue 3 Feb 2015 23:55:17 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sherbet66

Faust - 1 day ago  » 
    If you got it from Richer Sounds have you not got their 5 year guarantee? If not then a false economy as it costs less than £20 and if not used then you get your money back at the end of 5 years.

Fraid not.

| Thu 5 Feb 2015 8:00:10 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.