My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Software Update Jan 2014

(242 posts)
  1. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

dinkybluebug - 14 minutes ago  » 
    Happening to me too... everything worked ok up until the firmware upgrade.
    I cant pause live TV, the thumbnail images have gone from 'help' and 'showcase' and logos arnt there for channels in the guide.
    Have we got a solution other than formatting the hardrive?
    Marc

Try this reset file to see if it helps, its the HDR 1000s at the bottom. I can't garuantee it will but you may as well give it a go.
    http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/freesat-hd

| Sun 12 Jan 2014 11:36:30 #161 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

dar2008 - 15 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 7 hours ago  » 
    Same for me as well.

Regarding the YouTube no sound when launching the streaming whilst an HD channel issue...
    That's 3 of us that have tried and posted the same results. How to we advise this to Humax so that it can (hopefully) be addressed in a future update?

The issue only seems to affect the digital audio outputs (hdmi/spdif). The analogue outputs aren't affected. No doubt why some haven't noticed. Pretty sure Humax will be aware.

| Sun 12 Jan 2014 12:01:42 #162 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dinkybluebug

-gonzo- - 41 minutes ago  » 

dinkybluebug - 14 minutes ago  » 
    Happening to me too... everything worked ok up until the firmware upgrade.
    I cant pause live TV, the thumbnail images have gone from 'help' and 'showcase' and logos arnt there for channels in the guide.
    Have we got a solution other than formatting the hardrive?
    Marc

Try this reset file to see if it helps, its the HDR 1000s at the bottom. I can't garuantee it will but you may as well give it a go.
    http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/freesat-hd

Thank you... Ive done this... all the thumbnail images have come back as well as logo's - great, but still can't pause live TV. this sucks... everytime I update this damn box, something stops working.

Ive done a system reset.. still not working... Im not quite ready for format my hardrive yet.

| Sun 12 Jan 2014 12:18:43 #163 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

rdoody

Do feel some of these updates made by Freesat are to make users more aware that their program is available in HD. But mollycoddling if you ask me.

HD is advertised all over anyway.

Freesat trying to keep up or better the boxes from Virgin or Sky?

| Sun 12 Jan 2014 12:21:30 #164 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

dinkybluebug

Can I ask then... for those that have not been able to pause live tv since firmware update... did the reformat of hard drive fix this?

| Sun 12 Jan 2014 12:48:09 #165 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

dinkybluebug - 11 minutes ago  » 
    Can I ask then... for those that have not been able to pause live tv since firmware update... did the reformat of hard drive fix this?

I lived with the problem for about six weeks. The reformat cured the issue.

| Sun 12 Jan 2014 13:01:29 #166 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

dinkybluebug

REPASSAC - 4 minutes ago  » 

dinkybluebug - 11 minutes ago  » 

I lived with the problem for about six weeks. The reformat cured the issue.

So the firmware update hasnt necessarily caused this problem?

| Sun 12 Jan 2014 13:06:38 #167 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I've had to re-format twice since getting the box at launch 15 months ago. On each occasion it was quite separate from an update. On several updates I've had to do a factory reset immediately after to cure some problems. I regularly do a disk cleanup if I've deleted a lot of recordings. Don't forget the hidden 2580 channel (key 2580 into your R/C while watching live TV and wait for the i-banner to appear, ignore the no such channel message). This apparently clears some buffers on the disk.

| Sun 12 Jan 2014 13:29:02 #168 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

All fine here and no problem with the function currently.

My view is that the firmware before last introduced more checking of the buffer functions (Record from start, pause etc.) and this has uncovered old problems. However my issue, I think, was caused by a series of power cuts. Never good to loose power when the unit is writing to disk (Which is nearly always).

| Sun 12 Jan 2014 13:31:19 #169 |
  10. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Just a thought regarding the non pause/rewind issue, has anyone tried turning off Recording Buffer for a little while and then turning it back on again?

| Sun 12 Jan 2014 15:06:12 #170 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.