My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Unable to set recording remotely

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonypembs

If I try to set up a recording from my PC onf a BBC4 programme I get the following message:
    No default authority data available for this channel. Unable to set the recording.
    I haven't tried all channels but it does seem to be confined to BBC4. Can anyone tell me how to fix this ?
    I have all the latest package versions installed.
    Thanks.

| Wed 17 Oct 2012 21:50:23 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Partridge2

Yes I just checked and I have the same problem.

The background is that this information is needed to mimic the recording scheduling via the web interface. But so far no-one has found where the HDR gets this information from (it is not tramsmitted with the rest of the normal EPG data). So there is a manual workaround whereby these default authority data are hosted in the internet repository where the packages are stored, and updated manually by raydon. If a channel has changed its so-called service-ID then the web-interface database handling doesn't know about this until it is manually updated.

Anyway when I checked my database just I also saw that BBC3 and BBC Alba were missing in addition to BBC4. I will ask raydon to update.

In the meantime if it is urgent for you then you can enter the following in telnet to get BBC4 working:
    sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels.db

Then you will get a prompt "sqlite>" at which you need to enter:
    update tbl_svc set aucDefaultAuthority='fp.bbc.co.uk' where usSvcID='6316';

Then press Ctrl-D to exit from the sqlite prompt back to the normal telnet prompt and you're done.

| Wed 17 Oct 2012 22:29:57 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

zeke

I've had this a number of times with BBC Four... anyone know if it's been solved yet? I mean, if not I can just set a smartphone reminder to do it directly via the Foxsat firmware when I next get in front of it, but sorta defeats the object of remote recording...

| Tue 23 Oct 2012 0:50:35 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.