My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

1100s 2nd Tuner Not working, any ideas how fix?

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

atacama40

Afternoon all, just installing a Triax multi-switch (it's a way to spend a Saturday ) and decided to look at why the 2nd tuner not working on my 1100s.

I assumed it was the feed so left it until now but turns out not so ... it is the box. I can swap feeds, put entirely new ones on it and fault is same in same position ... always tuner 2.

Any ideas folks how to fault find / fix or is it time to demote the box to a bedroom?

Appreciate any help as always. Many thanks

| Sat 16 Dec 2017 15:07:29 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Before you installed the Mult-Switch did you have two working tuners?
    What model is the Multi-switch? If one that needs a Quattro LNB did you install one?
    Did you try swapping the leads from the LNB to the Multi-switch?

What does it say in Settings > System info > Signal?
    Look at the foot of the page what does it say?

| Sat 16 Dec 2017 15:45:12 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Just to add if a quattro lnb. You have to connect each of the 4 cable inputs of the multiswitch to the matching output of the lnb.

If you get the two low band cables wrong you will lose most of your channels.

What happens if you switch the coax inputs to the 1100S ?

Confirm you can access the following on the 1100S to check a quattro is correctly connected.

Low Band Horizontal

104 Channel 4
    207 CNN

Low Band Vertical

121 Channel 4+1
    691 Daystar TV HD

High Band Horizontal

146 Challenge
    506 Heart TV

High Band Vertical

157 Dave
    202 Sky News

| Sat 16 Dec 2017 15:58:27 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

atacama40

REPASSAC - 2 hours ago  » 
    What model is the Multi-switch? If one that needs a Quattro LNB did you install one?

Hi there, no has not worked in some months ... assumed it was a duff feed...ironically from a 2nd sat dish.

Yes the multi-switch has 4 feeds from the other (1st) sat .... there are in fact 8 in total on that one.

No on the setting signal page it shows signal 1 all rock solid on both bars but no bars at all on the signal 2 measure.

cheers

| Sat 16 Dec 2017 17:53:58 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

atacama40

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    Just to add if a quattro lnb. You have to connect each of the 4 cable inputs of the multiswitch to the matching output of the lnb.
    Confirm you can access the following on the 1100S to check a quattro is correctly connected.
    Low Band Horizontal
    104 Channel 4
    207 CNN
    Low Band Vertical
    121 Channel 4+1
    691 Daystar TV HD
    High Band Horizontal
    146 Challenge
    506 Heart TV
    High Band Vertical
    157 Dave
    202 Sky News

Hi Graham .... no all the channels are fine out of the multi-switch. Have checked every box and TV in each room and they are spot on.

As mentioned in the post just, we have two dishes .... one an old Sky one with 2 feeds, the other has 8 feeds.

I've tried both dishes direct to the 1100 and indeed I don't run the 1100s through the multi-switch thinking on, they are direct feeds.

So given they are direct feeds, that I've rotated them (on the same sat) and then used an entirely separate sat feeds and also rotated them and always the fault (or last of signal) is on signal 2.

So I'm fairly sure the issue is within the 1100s.

| Sat 16 Dec 2017 17:59:45 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

atacama40 - 4 minutes ago  » 

REPASSAC - 2 hours ago  » 

Hi there, no has not worked in some months ... assumed it was a duff feed...ironically from a 2nd sat dish.
    Yes the multi-switch has 4 feeds from the other (1st) sat .... there are in fact 8 in total on that one.
    No on the setting signal page it shows signal 1 all rock solid on both bars but no bars at all on the signal 2 measure.
    cheers

What does it say at the bottom of the signal info screen ? Have you got reception on all the channels I posted when using tuner 1 ?

Missed your post reading it now.

| Sat 16 Dec 2017 18:00:20 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Low Band Horizontal
    104 Channel 4
    207 CNN
    Low Band Vertical
    121 Channel 4+1
    691 Daystar TV HD
    High Band Horizontal
    146 Challenge
    506 Heart TV
    High Band Vertical
    157 Dave
    202 Sky News

Hi Graham .... no all the channels are fine out of the multi-switch. Have checked every box and TV in each room and they are spot on.
    As mentioned in the post just, we have two dishes .... one an old Sky one with 2 feeds, the other has 8 feeds.
    I've tried both dishes direct to the 1100 and indeed I don't run the 1100s through the multi-switch thinking on, they are direct feeds.
    So given they are direct feeds, that I've rotated them (on the same sat) and then used an entirely separate sat feeds and also rotated them and always the fault (or last of signal) is on signal 2.

Looking that way. Even with a single feed the second tuner should get a signal as when a single cable is detected there is a auto internal link.

The number of cables the box thinks it has is displayed at the bottom of the signal info screen.

The latest software detects the number of cables during a freesat retune.

Can you try this as you may have older software that only displays signal info from a used tuner.

Tune to 104 and start an instant recording. Tap in 121 to go to Channel 4+1 if you can see a picture you have two tuners. Now check the signal info screen.

| Sat 16 Dec 2017 18:13:10 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

atacama40

grahamlthompson - 19 minutes ago  » 

Low Band Horizontal
    104 Channel 4
    207 CNN
    Low Band Vertical
    121 Channel 4+1
    691 Daystar TV HD
    High Band Horizontal
    146 Challenge
    506 Heart TV
    High Band Vertical
    157 Dave
    202 Sky News

Looking that way. Even with a single feed the second tuner should get a signal as when a single cable is detected there is a auto internal link.
    The number of cables the box thinks it has is displayed at the bottom of the signal info screen.
    Can you try this as you may have older software that only displays signal info from a used tuner.
    Tune to 104 and start an instant recording. Tap in 121 to go to Channel 4+1 if you can see a picture you have two tuners. Now check the signal info screen.

Hi Graham .... never saw that before but yes you absolutely right, the info at screen bottom says 'connected with 1 cable'.

Also I checked the software is up to date ... well according to the normal software update routine anyway.

When I try the routine you suggested it says 'cannot change channel as recording in process'

| Sat 16 Dec 2017 18:35:41 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

atacama40 - 41 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 19 minutes ago  » 

Low Band Horizontal
    104 Channel 4
    207 CNN
    Low Band Vertical
    121 Channel 4+1
    691 Daystar TV HD
    High Band Horizontal
    146 Challenge
    506 Heart TV
    High Band Vertical
    157 Dave
    202 Sky News

Hi Graham .... never saw that before but yes you absolutely right, the info at screen bottom says 'connected with 1 cable'.
    Also I checked the software is up to date ... well according to the normal software update routine anyway.
    When I try the routine you suggested it says 'cannot change channel as recording in process'

Now try this record 104 as previously, now tap in 105 can you view Channel 5 in HD.

Post the software version you have. Hoping the above works because if it does you have two working tuners, The box just thinks you have only 1 cable.

| Sat 16 Dec 2017 19:21:14 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Just to point out Repassac asked this key information back in post 2

I just added more info based on what you may have answered to the question.

| Sat 16 Dec 2017 21:41:11 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.