My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

1100s 2nd Tuner Not working, any ideas how fix?

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

atacama40

grahamlthompson - 2 days ago  » 
    Just to point out Repassac asked this key information back in post 2
    I just added more info based on what you may have answered to the question.

Hi Graham, apologies away with work the last 48 hence slow reply. Yes take your point ... answered half of Repassac's post but missed the latter part .... apologies for that Repassac.

Will get the data requested when return home in the morning. Many thanks again for the advice

| Mon 18 Dec 2017 23:14:54 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

atacama40 - 5 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 2 days ago  » 
    Just to point out Repassac asked this key information back in post 2
    I just added more info based on what you may have answered to the question.

Hi Graham, apologies away with work the last 48 hence slow reply. Yes take your point ... answered half of Repassac's post but missed the latter part .... apologies for that Repassac.
    Will get the data requested when return home in the morning. Many thanks again for the advice

Hoping your tuner failure is just down to the box being in single cable mode.

| Mon 18 Dec 2017 23:22:20 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

atacama40

Ok no I'm confused.

Did as you say Graham....optioned to record 104 then tapped in 105 and for the first time it went to another channel. Previously it would have said something like "cannot change channel while recording in process".

But the recording on 104 continued and 105 was visible.

I looked at the signal page and also for the first time I saw the 2nd tuner with both signal strength bars occupied. But the message underneath said "Freesat connected with one cable"

I've added screen shot of the signal strength page and general settings page to show software and update levels.

| Tue 19 Dec 2017 17:08:47 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

atacama40

Opps. seems I cannot attach the attachements .....they are 240k images....maybe a little to large?

Will try just add one....

| Tue 19 Dec 2017 17:11:08 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

atacama40

Also denied. Odd.

The software version is UKS FAA 3.00.77. It was undated 26th June this year.

| Tue 19 Dec 2017 17:14:03 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

atacama40

Renamed file to simplier format and just attached one but still no joy.

Anyway have jotted S/W version down.

If there is a way attach files you know of Graham then of course happy to do that.

Thanks again

| Tue 19 Dec 2017 17:15:20 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

That's all good. What version of software do you have. Need this to advise how to fix ?

The difference is down to the second channel I asked you to try and view.

In single cable mode you can use all channels with the same frequency band and polarisation as tuner 1 is using. In the first test the test channel was in the same band but different polarisation. 104 and 105 are both low band horizontal channels.

More info here

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

Photograph your recording schedule whatever software you have you will need to re-enter the schedule.

| Tue 19 Dec 2017 17:15:56 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You have the latest software, so all you need to do is a freesat tune. Check afterwards that you have the two cables message on the signal info screen.

You possibly don't have enough posts to upload files. No need any way as pretty sure the retune will fix.

| Tue 19 Dec 2017 17:17:29 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

atacama40

grahamlthompson - 1 minute ago  » 
    You have the latest software, so all you need to do is a freesat tune. Check afterwards that you have the two cables message on the signal info screen.
    You probably don't have enough posts to upload files.

Don't tell me I have to have 8470 like yourself?

Just reading your links you kindly sent ... little heavy going for me but will get there.

Ahh so just do a setup re-tune? Sounds nuts but I don't recall trying this!!!!

Will give it a crack now Graham and come back to you. Cheers

| Tue 19 Dec 2017 17:20:56 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

atacama40 - 1 minute ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 minute ago  » 
    You probably don't have enough posts to upload files.

Don't tell me I have to have 8470 like yourself?
    Just reading your links you kindly sent ... little heavy going for me but will get there.
    Ahh so just do a setup re-tune? Sounds nuts but I don't recall trying this!!!!
    Will give it a crack now Graham and come back to you. Cheers

Previous to the latest software only ways to change connection mode was either a factory reset or via one of the hidden menus.

| Tue 19 Dec 2017 17:23:13 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.