My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

1100s 2nd Tuner Not working, any ideas how fix?

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

atacama40

OK ever felt a total fool? No you probably don't know that feeling Graham. I on the other hand do!!!!!

Yet again I owe you a beer Graham .... absolutely spot on!

Did the re-tune and the 2nd cable came up and signal strength perfect on all bars!!!

I'm totally lost as to how it all went wrong .... it was months back. A lesson for me to look at the time rather than leave half a year.

This is great ... for 2 reasons .... no expensive flawed Freesat brick and a good learning experience for me.

Brilliant Graham, absolutely happy here and really appreciate your hand holding me through this one. Happy day!

| Tue 19 Dec 2017 16:29:58 #21 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

atacama40 - 4 minutes ago  » 
    OK ever felt a total fool? No you probably don't know that feeling Graham. I on the other hand do!!!!!
    Yet again I owe you a beer Graham .... absolutely spot on!
    Did the re-tune and the 2nd cable came up and signal strength perfect on all bars!!!
    I'm totally lost as to how it all went wrong .... it was months back. A lesson for me to look at the time rather than leave half a year.
    This is great ... for 2 reasons .... no expensive flawed Freesat brick and a good learning experience for me.
    Brilliant Graham, absolutely happy here and really appreciate your hand holding me through this one. Happy day!

The usual way this happens is the box was first set up with only 1 cable with the second connection being added afterwards and making the incorrect assumption the box will recognise it now has two cables.

Now you can records lots over Xmas

| Tue 19 Dec 2017 16:36:44 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

atacama40

And you know what Graham, I think that is exactly what happened.

This box hangs off an old Sky dish with a dual LNB. All the other sets in rooms are off another dish via a multi-switch which is all fine.

The 2nd cable off the legacy Sky dish had a duff mini F-type end that was poorly made off when originally installed by Sky eon's back.

I reckon I did precisely as you mentioned and either connected with a duff made off end or didn't even connect and the subsequent assumptions as you rightly say, led me down entirely the wrong fault finding logic.

The sad reality is I don't record a great deal or watch a huge amount of TV. Mind this significantly improves my odds of doing so now.

Again, a huge thanks Graham .... is truly helpful stuff. is always great when you can get good natured and informative support without being made to feel a prize plum. All the best.

| Tue 19 Dec 2017 16:43:16 #23 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.