My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

1100S - both tuners falsely show 'no signal'

(33 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Nanteos - 6 mins ago  » 
    I have found 11428H, pressed channel search, got 0 TV and 0 Radio

There are no channels on this transponder. 999 is just data. The important thing is that when you do a freesat tune it temporarily downloads a postcode database to your box. The postcode you enter tells the box which channels to allocate to your lower channels. ITV regions not relevant to your postcode are hidden. What did the signal strength and quality say.

If you have the transponder you should be able to switch back to freesat mode and do a freesat tune.

| Fri 2 Apr 2021 16:45:48 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

This is what you would see on a Foxsat-HDR.

Though I would have expected to see 999 on a channel scan.

Attachments

1. Freesat-Home-1.jpg (106 KB, 2 downloads) 3 years old
    | Fri 2 Apr 2021 16:51:31 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Result of scanning home transponder on a Foxsat-HDR

Attachments

1. Freesat-Home-On-Foxsat-Manual-Tune.jpg (115.1 KB, 0 downloads) 3 years old
    | Fri 2 Apr 2021 17:00:55 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nanteos

Ah - the good old Foxsat! I had one when they first came out and we were on Digital Spy. Well it's nothing like that on the 1100S - this is what you see and it doesn't lead on to a strength meter or anything like that

Attachments

1. IMG_1769.jpg (46.1 KB, 1 downloads) 3 years old
    2. IMG_1767.jpg (47.4 KB, 3 downloads) 3 years old
    3. IMG_1765.jpg (43.9 KB, 1 downloads) 3 years old
    4. IMG_1764.jpg (47.8 KB, 1 downloads) 3 years old
    | Fri 2 Apr 2021 17:17:56 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I have a 1000-S. I cant check this at the moment. If you can wait till tomorrow I will have a look using manual tune. Easiest way is to add the transponder manually.

What happens if you swap the feeds. you may have a duff feed on tuner 1 in. ?

| Fri 2 Apr 2021 17:36:58 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Had a play this morning and you are right scanning the home transponder returns no channels.

Best suggestion is scan this channel which is the nearest horizontal to the home transponder and see if it finds the one channel listed

139 horror ch+1 11389 H

| Sat 3 Apr 2021 9:46:16 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nanteos

Thanks for that. I have gone back to square one. Humax 1100 says no sat signal from dish. This morning I went back and proved both feed cables have a signal from the dish, on my TV's sat receiver. In the guide, ch 999 now appears from each feed, I must not have checked that properly yesterday. Then I put my Satfinder meter in line to check the signal strength, and its very good. So no LNB or cable faults.
    Now I put the feeds back to the 1100s and put the meter in line to see what was happening on each. It showed there was no voltage being supplied to either one, so something in the box must have packed up? Will that be repairable? Sorry if I led you astray.

| Sat 3 Apr 2021 18:50:58 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A cheap sat meter will not prove anything. it can only tell you the signal from the one transponder the box is currently looking at.

In non freesat mode how many FTA channels do you find in a full scan with FTA only selected. ?

Anywhere near the 482 channels you should find.

You may have a DC short circuit on the cabling (screen touching centre conductor) that would stop the 12/18V box DC output being able to power the meter. If you disconnect the lnb meter output to the lnb does it still not indicate it has no power ?

https://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

| Sat 3 Apr 2021 19:03:51 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nanteos

I cannot say as my 1100s tells me there is no satellite signal being received. All is well to the TV tuner, nothing is short. There is no voltage straight out of the box so there is the fault. Thanks.

| Sat 3 Apr 2021 19:30:36 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Nanteos - 1 hour ago  » 
    I cannot say as my 1100s tells me there is no satellite signal being received. All is well to the TV tuner, nothing is short. There is no voltage straight out of the box so there is the fault. Thanks.

Did you disconnect the meter output to the the lnb and turn up the gain as requested ? Did you get a audio out from the meter ? If not chuck away the meter and try another. In the absence of a multimeter how can you possibly know if the absence of DC is from a box fault or a short circuit on one or other of the lnb cables.

I take it you do not have a cheap multimeter that can measure the DC output on the box satellite outputs ?

If there is a short circuit the box itself will protect itself from a short circuit and shut off the DC output.

| Sat 3 Apr 2021 21:41:54 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.