My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

1100s - how connect to home network

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nimrod

Hi all, Newbie here

I bought an 1100s and have managed to get Freesat working and a connection to wifi. I am trying to link it to view the programmes recorded on the HDD on my PC but the 1100s is not showing on the wifi devices on the network or on Media Player. (Windows 7 used but no home network set up, only a shared network for all PCs, laptops, NAS drive). I can see the DLNA link to my PC files on the TV when I click on Humax media share but can't do the same from the PC.

I found a Humax help page on home networking but I do not have the same menu options to set the box to share.

Can anyone help, please?

| Sat 20 Aug 2016 12:42:45 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The 1100S has no DLNA server capability so you cannot view the recordings remotely. It has client capability so you can view external recordings stored on your network. Only Humax freesat box that you can use to remotely view recordings is the Foxsat-HDR equipped with the custom firmware add on.

Welcome to our forum.

| Sat 20 Aug 2016 12:55:01 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nimrod

Thank you, Graham. You have put me out of my misery and I might as well just have a nice cup of tea instead of struggling on.

| Sat 20 Aug 2016 12:56:07 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.