My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

4000T: some, but not all, recordings corrupted

(22 posts)
  1. Jeremy Marchant

Jeremy Marchant

Hi JohnH77, I think there'll always be one off problems as yours seems to be. In the last couple of weeks, I had two recordings fail due to "lack of power": I am sure that was down to one the short power cuts we enjoy around here.

Viccot, I am now stuck. Tempting as it is to get the drains up and make the changes you suggest, over the weekend the player has settled down and none of the test recordings I made on Sunday failed. It seems to be recording properly right now.

I like the idea that it was pushed off its proper settings by a software update and has taken weeks to automatically reset itself. Next time I have a problem, I'll try your fix. If that doesn't work, I'll try making lots of test recordings: maybe the number of attempts it makes to find the good signal is also relevant.

| Mon 4 Apr 2016 18:29:06 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Check your downlead - water in it, or a chaffed cover will create intermittent havoc.

Be sure to use satellite coax cable - ie cable with a thin sheet of copper or aluminium as a shield. The traditional "brown TV coax" used for analogue TV is worse than useless for digital TV as it is very susceptible to inteference - there is so little copper in the so called screen that the screen doesn't screen.

| Mon 4 Apr 2016 19:09:31 #22 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.