My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5 USA recordings start late and finish early

(64 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Waste of time. C5 do what they do, and believe me, if they don't bother to comply with AR it's not because they don't know how, it's because they're not bothered.

| Tue 2 Feb 2016 16:37:51 #61 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

James

Thank you. I think you are now missing the point.

IF I can find there is a contractural obligation on C5/5USA,

THEN I can call in the heavyweights to force C5/5USA to do what they are contracted to do, under penalty of being in breach of contract; and/or breach of its licence conditions.

Always use heavyweights to fight battles on your behalf. Just accepting it won't be fixed because ..., is admitting defeat before you have even started!

I just need the correct information. What it is called? Where does the obligation lie - in the contract? in the licence? Who enforces the contract or licence?

I can then get them to skewer C5/5USA.

| Tue 2 Feb 2016 16:56:52 #62 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Off you go then. Let us know how you get on.

| Tue 2 Feb 2016 17:02:05 #63 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

email sent ...

Thank you for your reply.

> As is the case with most channels, Channel 5 does not currently provide ‘live’ or real time synchronisation of our Electronic Programme Guide (EPG).

Unfortunately the reply is completely incorrect and it appears that Channel 5 cannot have understood my complaint. Let me therefore clarify it a little better.

1. Each and every programme transmitted by any broadcaster on Freeview is given a unique code number.
    2. Recorders built to the Freeview and Freeview + specification use this programme number to switch recording on and off to record the programme.
    3. When done correctly by channels like BBC 1, 2, 3, 4, ITV,, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, C4, More 4, 4Seven, Yesterday, Dave, Film 4 etc, the broadcast programme number is synchronised with the actual programme content.
    4. C5 and 5USA often transmit the programme number either earlier than the programme, or, as shown below, later than the programme.

C5 and 5 USA often fail to synchronise these transmissions so the programme number and the program content are not synchronised.

See the following diagram. When the recorder, built to the Freeview and Freeview + specifications, uses number 12345 to record what it expects to be Programme A, it loses the first bit of Programme A, and gets the first bit of Programme B bcause the programme number is not transmitted in synchronism with the actual programme.

Could I therefore ask you to pass my complaint to someone who understands the details.

Thank you.

Attachments

1. record.png (7.4 KB, 1 downloads) 8 years old
    | Wed 3 Feb 2016 17:50:17 #64 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.