My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5000T odd occurrence

(34 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

No, the Topfield definitely would not have had the same issues because it was not totally reliant on the obviously very unreliable Series Link system. With it you could set up recordings on the simple basis of the words in the programme name and other parameters like channel and a time range and, while it could sometimes result in duplicated recordings, it didn’t suffer from the sort of rubbish that the 5000T creates. I would much prefer having to delete a few duplicates than wonder if what I wanted would ever record. The 5000T is a nightmare by comparison.

| Thu 28 Feb 2019 0:36:22 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

grahamlthompson - 13 hours ago  » 
    On both Freeview and Freesat BBC1-HD Back to back recordings of the daytime shows of Doctors and the follow on Shakespeare and Hathaway are resulting in Doctors overrunning despite the actual broadcast finishing pretty mucch on time. This is causing the follow on broadcast to lose enough of the start to make iplayer required to make sense of the late start of the subsequent follow on content.

Oh fiddlesticks I've recorded Shakespeare and Hathaway too and as I haven't watched any of them yet I assumed it'd just been starting late. I'm assuming they'll be on iPlayer for a few weeks so it should be OK for me catch the start on there. I hope the BBC get this sorted soon, it's becoming very annoying.

| Thu 28 Feb 2019 12:15:43 #32 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A1944 - 13 hours ago  » 
    No, the Topfield definitely would not have had the same issues because it was not totally reliant on the obviously very unreliable Series Link system. With it you could set up recordings on the simple basis of the words in the programme name and other parameters like channel and a time range and, while it could sometimes result in duplicated recordings, it didn’t suffer from the sort of rubbish that the 5000T creates. I would much prefer having to delete a few duplicates than wonder if what I wanted would ever record. The 5000T is a nightmare by comparison.

All that gave you was the ability to generate recordings based on a wildcard search of a title. It did not give any ability to react to late schedule changes or programme over-run. Only accurate recording can do this, but it does depend on the broadcaster getting their act together. As I observed even the Topfield would have had issues with the current situation being experienced on the BBC Channels on both Freeview and Freesat. And of course it did not record HD at all being only DVB-T compliant.

| Thu 28 Feb 2019 13:59:49 #33 |
  4. davidrew

davidrew

special member

The first 5 minutes of Death in Paradise disappeared yesterday so had to resort to the iPlayer. The first 5 minutes is pretty important for setting up the plot!

Had a look at Shakespeare and Hathaway (BBC1 HD) this morning and all next weeks are scheduled down the left when you select the programme but not today (Friday). No red record symbol in the planner either but it does show in the To Be Recorded list. Lets hope they are on iPlayer for a while.

I am convinced that the random "No Programme Information" all over the planner, due to the still unresolved mysterious population issue, also contributes to these problems.

I had hoped that now Humax only had Freeview to concentrate on things would improve. It's a pity Arris don't make a Freeview Play box.

| Fri 1 Mar 2019 10:39:48 #34 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.