My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5000T Stops Collecting Historical EPG Data

(33 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

atb

Hello Martin
    My router is a billion bipac 8800nl r2.

I've just changed the primary DNS to a different 'actual' DNS address so I'll see how that works out.

I know what you're saying about "is the issue with the router or with the Humax box?", but the way I'm looking at it is when some kind of gadget that connects to a network is sold I'd hope that it will work with any router, specially routers supplied by an ISP. I should imagine a very large percentage of users will be using the router that's sent to them by their ISP.
    As GrahamRHK suggests above it's the ISP supplied routers that's most likely the cause of the problem.

anyway, fingers crossed the new DNS address works. I'll know tomorrow
    Thanks for your help with this.

| Fri 12 Jun 2020 17:40:08 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

atb - 14 hours ago  » 
    Hello Martin
    My router is a billion bipac 8800nl r2.
    I've just changed the primary DNS to a different 'actual' DNS address so I'll see how that works out.
    I know what you're saying about "is the issue with the router or with the Humax box?", but the way I'm looking at it is when some kind of gadget that connects to a network is sold I'd hope that it will work with any router, specially routers supplied by an ISP. I should imagine a very large percentage of users will be using the router that's sent to them by their ISP.
    As GrahamRHK suggests above it's the ISP supplied routers that's most likely the cause of the problem.
    anyway, fingers crossed the new DNS address works. I'll know tomorrow
    Thanks for your help with this.

As to whether Humax folks could fix this... I am not sure. To fix it, it would be necessary for them to be able to recreate it which I have discovered is very hard. I fortunately have a stable setup using WiFi and it is very awkward when other people in the house want to use the TV to fiddle with the routers etc! Please could you post the results from the network status screen from the FVP; and let us know which ISP you use; also the network status of your Billion router. To see whether you are using the correct (ISP) DNS addresses, whether the Billion router is using the same DNS addresses and whether the HUMAX is also using the same DNS addresses.

| Sat 13 Jun 2020 8:45:24 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I had this problem for quite a while. Following suggestions made elsewhere (somewhere on this site I think) many months ago (which I didn't really understand, but I did my best), I changed the DNS on my Archer VR200 router's "DHCP Server" settings to 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220.

The 5000T picked those values up and I have had little trouble with the historical EPG ever since.

Don't ask me to explain the tech of it, because it is beyond me, but it may help someone here.

| Sat 13 Jun 2020 11:03:04 #33 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.