My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5000T switching on apparently at random

(56 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Hmm, all very curious. This is a new one on me!

Graham, I note what you say about Infrared codes 1 & 2, but I know nothing about this. Would like to see what happens if I change mine, but I don't know how or what it is on now. Is there something in the manual I have missed when I had a search just now?

Edit: I have found it (a Google search brought up a post by Barry, reposted by Graham) and I have changed from Code 1 to Code 6. Will wait and see what happens for a while.

| Fri 26 Jan 2018 17:13:10 #21 |
  2. aciddad

aciddad

special member

I had the "random switch-on" problem on my 4000T from purchase and right through to the latest software. After a lot of experimenting I found out that it was some commands from other remotes, but it only happens after a specific sequence of events. The box has to have been in standby, recorded a scheduled event, and gone back into standby. Then it will switch on with other remotes. It does not respond if it has not done that sequence. I expect the 5000T is the same.

David.

| Fri 26 Jan 2018 17:37:37 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

thegenegenie

My 4000T switches itself on about 10 minutes after a timed recording has finished, doesn't happen all the time but enough to be annoying. I thought it was reacting to my Sky remote but it happens when I'm not using a remote at all.

| Fri 26 Jan 2018 19:23:06 #23 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mine has just booted apparently after sending 102 to change channel on my HDR-1000S or was it after last recording completed on ITV-HD at 18:00 (The Chase). Because the box isn't under my TV it's out of normal line of sight so could have been either. Might have to resort to time lapse recording LED using a camcorder

Recording ITV-HD 19:00-20:00. Will check about 20:10. Got visitors so probably not watching TV tonight at all.

| Fri 26 Jan 2018 19:40:37 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Changing the IR Code from 1 to 6 appears not to have had any effect. As I switched the Toppy off a few minutes ago, the 5000T switched on. So the reason still is a mystery.

I had been recording automatically earlier in the evening.

Barry, is there any chance of raising this problem with the Humax Heights (or whatever you call it)?

| Fri 26 Jan 2018 23:56:07 #25 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Without any remote activity, my 5000T is fully booted at 23:00. No infra-red activity at all. All evening have been listening to streamed music from Amazon Prime and Spotify to a bluetooth speaker stereo pair from a phone. All other kit is shut down.

| Sat 27 Jan 2018 0:09:24 #26 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Unit switched itself on yesterday evening when the house was empty. Returned from going out to dinner and found box fully booted. Going to try a reset to factory defaults.

| Sun 28 Jan 2018 11:01:21 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I must admit, I am not really impressed with this box. It does seem to have some rather weird foibles.

One I noticed the other day was that it was recording something pre-programmed and suddenly it seemed to shut itself down completely (LED totally off) and then came back on again (to Red).

On playing the recording it reported a loss of power which was nonsense unless the PSU had briefly failed.

| Sun 28 Jan 2018 20:15:14 #28 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Factory reset did not work. FVP-5000T LED is blue at 22:45. Watching Vera on HDR-1000S. Will check after watching Vera. Seems certain that it booted after last recording finished.

Last recording was Call The Midwife completed at 21:03. Switching to FVP-5000T input on AV receiver box tuned to FA Cup Highlights on BBC 1-HD.

Box back in Sby after power button shut down.

No idea why Barry cannot replicate.

My transmitter is Lark Stoke (SFN with Bronsgrove and the Wrekin) which may well be the the under-lying issue.

As Com 7 and COM 8 are due to become a national SFN can't help wondering if this may escalate in the future.

| Mon 29 Jan 2018 0:10:41 #29 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Did a factory reset yesterday morning. Box just booted itself about 10 mins after Channel 5-HD recording completed at 14:18. No other controls used at the time.

| Mon 29 Jan 2018 15:36:03 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.