My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5000T switching on apparently at random

(56 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Pollensa1946 - 51 minutes ago  » 

Barry - 25 minutes ago  » ...The update interval is user selectable on the FVP with periods of 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 mins as the options.

That should fix all the problems then

Whats with the roll eyes

| Sat 20 Jan 2018 15:48:14 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Thanks everyone, so the real cause to my question is still a bit of a mystery.

I have established that:

1. It is not "active standby", because that never shows blue, only red or purple.
    (thanks Barry for clarifying "active standby" - I couldn't find that one in the manual)

2. It is not "remote recording" because that only shows red and anyway the interval is set to 10 minutes and the gaps between occurrences are far greater than that.

3. It does not seem to be my Topfield remote, but I am not convinced.

So...?? Maybe just some random glitch.

At least, Graham, you have seen something similar, so maybe it is not just me and probably not an actual box fault.

It has not done it all on its own since starting this thread - I will keep an eye on it and report back if I somehow discover an answer.

| Sat 20 Jan 2018 16:04:20 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Barry - 52 minutes ago  » ...Whats with the roll eyes

OK, let's assume I have not misunderstood the function of the 5000T, as compared to the 1000S, when used with the app paired. Like the 1000S does the disk spin up? If so, then whatever short interval you set it is likely to be every bit as bad as the 1000S 20 min interval in respect of the disk lifetime impact. The "rolled eyes" was simply an expression of some frustration and surprise that Humax have gone to the trouble of implementing a variable period without addressing the real problem. Which is the interval is too short and certainly detrimental to the disk lifetime.

| Sat 20 Jan 2018 16:47:21 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

BB

How is, for example, 29 times a day as bad as 72?

| Sat 20 Jan 2018 17:46:29 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Oh, for example, I worked in the computer mfg industry for many years and repeated boot ups of disk drives causes early life failures. You may argue as to how soon the impact will happen, but it will happen. Your point is?

| Sat 20 Jan 2018 19:03:30 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

BB

| Sat 20 Jan 2018 20:30:41 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

mlavende

Hi all,

I have the same issue as you guys. My 5000T boots apparently at random as well and I have disabled the whole My.Humax thing.

From my testing it does seem to be something to do with the Harmony Remote as well, in that, sometimes I'll select another action (e.g. play music) and the music player and amp will come on along with the Hummy. The led goes blue and the disc spins up.

Sometimes I notice it's just 'on' when I know I turned it off the previous day. Very odd and it will have an effect on the disc life.

I have disabled all CEC stuff on all my devices so it isn't that.

I wonder if there is to be a new firmware soon that addresses the issue along with the other foibles - very slow responses, defaulting to playing the newest program in a list, highlighting 'yes' with the 'are you sure?' message when deleting things (always a no-no as anyone who has worked with computers knows) to name a few...

I love being able to record 4 things at the same time, but the GUI and general experience is rubbish!

Thanks

-Mat

| Mon 22 Jan 2018 9:27:29 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I am now fairly sure that the 5000T is responding to button presses on the Topfield remote, though not any one button, nor in a way which seems to be repeatable.

On two instances today, I have pressed a button on the Toppy remote and the 5000T LED has, almost immediately, gone from red to blue, even though on one occasion it had previously been sitting there all night without the LED changing.

I am not yet certain if it is just the Topfield remote or any remote.

| Fri 26 Jan 2018 13:42:38 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

mlavende

Well I don't have a Toppy any more (still going strong but passed on to my daughter in university) and I definitely see the Hummy turning on when I switch on other devices with my Harmony remote.

All my devices are linked through a Denon amp but all have CEC switched off.

I guess this means one of two things:

1) The CEC isn't working on one or all my devices and a spurious 'on' signal is sent out when I switch on something else and this triggers the Hummy to come on

2) The signal sent out from my remote is picked up by the Hummy and this is just enough to switch it on

My money is on number 2!

Thanks

-Mat

| Fri 26 Jan 2018 14:21:08 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mine turned on the night before last when turning off.

HDR-1000S, Yamaha AV Receiver, Panasonic TV. They were all turned off in sequence using off on a Harmony remote. Going to experiment using the original remotes.

I have cec disabled on every item that has it.

Last night found unit on when about to retire. Guessing it booted after last scheduled recording terminated.

In case it's relevant my FVP-5000T is set to Infra red code 2 with HDR-1000S mode 1.

| Fri 26 Jan 2018 14:55:14 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.