My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Amazon Prime app freezes

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

HumaxExplorer

Hi all

I’m running a Humax Aura 4K Freeview player (Model ref FVP-4KGTR). It’s a couple of years old and has been reasonably reliable to date. I have an Amazon Prime account which allows streaming of content via the Amazon Prime app on the Aura. Recently the device has taken to either not allowing access to the content on the app or stopping after about 10 minutes of viewing time.

It seems a though the Aura fails or stops recognising the valid Prime subscription. Have tried all sorts of things from the usual restarts, re-registering the Aura with the Prime account, trying a a new user, making sure I’m not running on multiple devices etc. I’m running over fibre broadband so I don’t think it’s a wi-fi capacity issue. I can’t find a consistent work-around.

Is anyone else having the same problem and have you found a reliable solution?

Thanks

| Thu 31 Aug 2023 14:01:44 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveE

Yes I've had this problem with Amazon and the other night with UK TV Play, resigned now to use apps on Sony TV or fire stick. Obviously Humax have no interest in maintaining this recorder anymore.

| Thu 31 Aug 2023 15:40:38 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

HumaxExplorer

DaveE, thanks for your reply.

I have continued to try other ways to resolve this. With some success….

The device was put through a full system reset back to factory settings after which it did a fresh install of the latest update. So far it seems to be working as it should.

Perhaps a full reset might be a solution to other intractable problems too.

| Sun 3 Sep 2023 7:56:24 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveE

Yes I have done this in the past and the Aura worked fine until recently, will try another factory reset and see if that improves the performance. Thanks for your input.

| Sun 3 Sep 2023 9:36:17 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I cannot see how to flag this thread, but I think it should be moved to the "Aura HD" section as it is not about the FVP 4000T/5000T.

Admin edit: Done.

| Mon 4 Sep 2023 9:16:13 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.