My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Another HDR1000S with a "missing" disk

(49 posts)
  1. martip

Martin

martip - 4 days ago  » 
    Graham,
    Thank you for your responses.
    We shall see how things go now - I haven't dared re-boot the device yet though

Well now - box worked for a couple of days, and then whilst watching a recording the recording stopped suddenly with a black screen! Exit returned us to live TV ok, but then the familiar "You have no recordings" message was there. I decided that enough was enough and I would re-format the HD. Now although the box could "see" the HD, when I asked it to format it, the "formatting" message flashed up and then a message to the effect that "your hardrive is not formatted yet. Please try again" and the format exits. So, a power cycle, or re-boot whatever you want to call it, with a substantial down time and the recordings reappeared. So I decided to format, and this time that was successful! We successfully recorded a programme last evening, and played the first few minutes of it ok. Just turned the box on now, and the HD is not recognised - arggggh!!
    The HD has been spinning up and down regularly still, even though I have factory defaulted it, re booted it and now formatted it - what more can I do to stop this, and how do I remove the pairing within the freesat app on our iPad? I can see nothing within the app, or within the box's menus to achieve that.
    Sorry for the lengthy rant but this really is frustrating.
    Anyone any constructive suggestions?
    Thanks.

| Wed 18 May 2016 17:10:29 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

glospete

Just to add to this thread. This evening our HDR1000s which was working perfectly, suddenly "lost" all recordings but showed 39% hard disk space used. When I rebooted it the recordings were still gone and the message now says "less than 1%". Should I assume that the recordings have really disappeared or might they re-appear if Humax gets this firmware solution out. Is it worth just unplugging for a few days?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

| Wed 18 May 2016 22:58:57 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

glospete - 1 minute ago  » 
    Just to add to this thread. This evening our HDR1000s which was working perfectly, suddenly "lost" all recordings but showed 39% hard disk space used. When I rebooted it the recordings were still gone and the message now says "less than 1%". Should I assume that the recordings have really disappeared or might they re-appear if Humax gets this firmware solution out. Is it worth just unplugging for a few days?

I would pull the plug and leave it that way for a short period of time. When you plug it back in and it restarts let it go through the full boot cycle before touching the remote. After that it should boot fine from the remote and the recording should be okay again.

| Wed 18 May 2016 23:02:40 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

glospete

Thanks for the suggestion but that is exactly what I did. Perhaps based on previous posts I'll unplug it whilst we're away for the next 5 days and try again. Can't hurt it so got to be worth a try!

| Wed 18 May 2016 23:14:27 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

StirlingSteve

Hi there, new forum member with the same problem here.

I was just wondering when this issue started being reported and how long Humax have been looking into it. Anyone willing to guess how long it's going to take before we eother get a firmware fix or a goodwill gesture if it's premature hardware failure?

Ta,

| Mon 23 May 2016 20:33:11 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

glospete

Phoned Humax today and was told to re-format the hard disk. Can't say if it will work because when I followed the instructions there is no HD visible and therefore can't re-format. Doh!

| Thu 26 May 2016 22:39:13 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

glospete - 11 hours ago  » 
    Phoned Humax today and was told to re-format the hard disk. Can't say if it will work because when I followed the instructions there is no HD visible and therefore can't re-format. Doh!

You definitely haven't got the remote app on your phone have you?

| Fri 27 May 2016 10:36:31 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

richard238

My HDR1000S has just died this very same death. Watching a recording and suddenly a black screen and no sound.

All recordings lost.
    Planned recordings OK.

Disc shows up OK on a Gparted booted laptop.

It'd be nice to fix this, else it's just another box of WEEE waste.

| Wed 24 Aug 2016 14:56:37 #48 |
  9. grumpybrush

grumpybrush

Donator ££££

Well as I started this thread off a long time ago, I thought I'd just mention a development in my own situation. It may be irrelevant, but it may of use to someone.

My original Humax was replaced under an extended warranty & effectively was replaced with a HDR1100S. Whilst it seemed a lot more reliable it still experienced odd behaviour (frequent problems booting, the odd no recordings message, no On Demand or no Showcase, erratic performance on BBC iPlayer although Netflix was generally OK).

My broadband hub is an ac wireless device. I had been running the hub with the same SSID on both channels & synced the 5Ghz channel with 2.4 channel. I reconfigured these channels to run independently & reconfigured the Humax to run on the 5Ghz channel almost 3 weeks ago.

Since this reconfiguration I have not experienced any boot problems (at least a weekly experience prior to doing the change). IPlayer is working as it should with no problems. This includes some working on the standard version on my TV (it is a Freeview TV & has it's own version that I sometimes use running 5Ghz) The Humax is currently running the beta & seems flawless. Netflix is trouble free & On Demand & Showcase are usually there within seconds, whereas prior to the change they could take up to 30 mins to come up if they did at all).

As an additional point of info the logs in my hub for WiFi show very few failures whereas previously, they were littered with failure messages.

I have in the past used Powerline adapters but with mixed results just in case anyone was thinking that might be a solution.

Now as I said at the beginning this may be irrelevant, but I felt that as the results thus far have created such an improvement, it may be that the processor in the box may not be working as hard being swamped with connection issues and a contribution to better performance has ensued.

If things change I'll report back.

| Tue 14 Feb 2017 19:08:33 #49 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.