My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Anyone completely happy with their Aura?

(29 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anthony111

I have ordered one of these to replace a HDR-FOX T2 (which is still working fine).
    It arrived yesterday but I've not set it up yet.
    I'm wondering if I've made the right decision after reading a lot of glitches this PVR has.

| Thu 1 Sep 2022 12:08:54 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveE

Biggest problem I'm having is if watching any catch-up app is ITV HUB or All4 about 10 minutes in to the programme the box freezes sometimes reboots or I have to unplug it to start again.I now use the apps on my Sony TV now to watch any apps.Humax boxes are certainly more advanced now but are not as reliable in my opinion.

| Thu 1 Sep 2022 13:56:34 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anthony111

I'm seriously thinking of sending it back.
    I bought the Aura for the extra tuners and Freeview Play, but if there are constant problems, I really can't be bothered.

| Thu 1 Sep 2022 13:59:14 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveE

Give it a go Athony but there has been a few posters on here the the rebooting problem, I tried a Manhattan tvr-3 PVR before I got the Aura that too had its problems and I returned it to Amazon.I still have a Humax HDR 1000 Freesat recorder and that has been mostly trouble free

| Thu 1 Sep 2022 14:31:43 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveE

Sorry, Manhattan t3-r.

| Thu 1 Sep 2022 14:34:37 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Anthony111 - 41 mins ago  » 
    I'm seriously thinking of sending it back.
    I bought the Aura for the extra tuners and Freeview Play, but if there are constant problems, I really can't be bothered.

My advice would be try it and see; you have got 7 days to make your mind up. I was a long term user of the HDR-FOX T2 and I prefer the Aura. There are several well known glitches which for me happen sufficiently infrequently that I can excuse them for the extra recording capability, speed of response, range of players, ability to download HD content and perfect synchronisation of sub-titles. It isn't a perfect box but neither was the HDR-FOX T2 and the HDR-FOX T2 is getting long in the tooth and hardware problems are being reported more frequently.

| Thu 1 Sep 2022 14:46:17 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anthony111

I've decided to send it back.
    The extra tuners would have been nice, but as I don't have any real issues with the HDR-FOX T2, I'll stick with it for now.

Perhaps there is an update in the coming months which fixes a few problems, I can always order another.

Otherwise I'll wait for a new model from Humax, see what users think of it and get that, or Manhattan might have something new out by then aswell.

| Thu 1 Sep 2022 16:37:41 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

No they are (admin edit - expletive deleted) I have 2 of the dust collectors...

| Thu 1 Sep 2022 16:40:15 #8 |
  9. davidrew

davidrew

special member

I was an early adopter of the Aura which replaced a 5000T. It was a bit painful to start with as it was probably released too early, but the perseverance of the beta testers on this forum with Humax did fix the majority of the issues and add some useful features.

I have been very satisfied with the Aura and it rarely has any issues, I've found it much better than the 5000T it replaced. It records what I want, the players work, and I use VLC player to stream content from a NAS.

There are a still outstanding annoyances, like it highlighting the wrong recording after finishing watching it if something else has started recording in the meantime which can lead to accidental deletions, no undelete option, no automatic clean-up of old schedules more than 3 months old.

There have been no firmware or application updates for over a year which is disappointing, but the same also goes for the Manhattan T3-R so we are not alone.

| Thu 1 Sep 2022 16:58:34 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I am very happy with mine too.

Yes I had a period where it was rebooting randomly, but since the COM7 deletion retune (coincidence?) its been rock solid for all my needs.

As above, the odd little quirk, but nothing mind blowing with my usage.

| Thu 1 Sep 2022 17:40:44 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.