My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Anyone completely happy with their Aura?

(29 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

humaxban

On the whole very happy...

But now I have an issue (not appearing on google home, casting has stopped working from YT, lost ambient photo mode) lets see what support say.....

| Wed 7 Sep 2022 14:59:03 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

humaxban - 1 hour ago  » 
    But now I have an issue (not appearing on google home, casting has stopped working from YT, lost ambient photo mode) lets see what support say.....

*sigh* Probably “do a factory reset”. It could be the new chestnut of “there’s a firmware update coming soon” but I do not believe them.

| Wed 7 Sep 2022 16:35:35 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

morrig

If only the coders had been the Fox HDR ones, it would have been a fantastic PVR. It was after fixes perfect, with bookmarking, slow modes etc, all working perfect with the Fox. The good with Aura, speedy overall, multi tuner and nearly always correctly records programs(Homes under hammer only recorded 23 minutes today). Negatives, slip back in time, recordings goes back to list view, and sometimes while recording goes to end of recording instead of where left of, have to reverse back to watched point.
    No problems going from the Android to TV, overall happy with it, but IFF it was sorted it would be!!!

| Wed 7 Sep 2022 21:57:37 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

humaxban

boogersa - 17 hours ago  » 

humaxban - 1 hour ago  » 

*sigh* Probably “do a factory reset”. It could be the new chestnut of “there’s a firmware update coming soon” but I do not believe them.

Of course that's what they said. It's the standard IT approach to all problems. But the issues persist and indeed a new couple of issues after restart... I'll start a thread actually.

I do hope they release some fixes..... minor but 'exceedingly happy customers' keep coming back....

| Thu 8 Sep 2022 9:53:22 #24 |
  5. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Geoff_W - 5 days ago  » 

Geoff_W - 20 hours ago  » 
    I replaced a failing Foxsat HDR with the Aura. As other posters have said, there are a few niggles but no showstoppers. I like the slick operation and the number of simultaneous programmes it can record. Niggles (as per @davidrew) and also after pausing playback it often jumps back several minutes or even goes back to the beginning. Apart from those issues I'm reasonably happy with it.

Typical Sod's Law. My Aura failed to come out of deep standby this morning. Only when I switched it on at 8am did it start to record the two programmes scheduled at 6am. Looks like I may have to use the nuclear option and do a full factory reset - seems to cure most issues for a while.

After the failed recordings my Aura insisted on starting in the home screen. So I invoked the nuclear option - Full Factory Reset - and it's been fine since (touch wood!). It's even stopped jumping back in time after a pause in recordings. I suspect that over time, some things (buffers, caches etc.) get full or corrupted which increasingly causes these problems we all have.

As @morrig has said, the fantastic development of the Foxsat HDR by a committed band of enthusiasts was the making of that PVR. It's a shame that Humax chose to lock down the firmware so that it couldn't be improved, especially as they appear to have abrogated their responsibilities to fix bugs.

| Thu 8 Sep 2022 10:48:25 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

reveldinho

pdoherty76 - 2 weeks ago  » 
    I can watch my recordings on other TVs and even playstations in the house.

Morning - I'm looking for a new box with ITV catchup stopping working on my 5000t. Can you tell me how you watch recordings from your Aura on other TVs / playstations?

Thanks in advance,
    Will.

| Wed 21 Sep 2022 8:38:35 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

desm52

reveldinho - 1 hour ago  » 

Morning - I'm looking for a new box with ITV catchup stopping working on my 5000t. Can you tell me how you watch recordings from your Aura on other TVs / playstations?
    Thanks in advance,
    Will.

The box acts as a DLNA server. Playstations have a built in DLNA client and can connect to the box across the network and allow you to view live tv or playback recordings.
    Some smart tvs will have a built in DLNA client also. For other tvs you could use a chromecast in the tv, and cast from the aura app on phone/ipad. Or use a firetv stick, install an app such as Kodi to access the aura box over DLNA.

| Wed 21 Sep 2022 10:38:05 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

reveldinho

desm52 - 3 days ago  » 

reveldinho - 1 hour ago  » 

Thanks in advance,
    Will.

The box acts as a DLNA server. Playstations have a built in DLNA client and can connect to the box across the network and allow you to view live tv or playback recordings.
    Some smart tvs will have a built in DLNA client also. For other tvs you could use a chromecast in the tv, and cast from the aura app on phone/ipad. Or use a firetv stick, install an app such as Kodi to access the aura box over DLNA.

Thanks for that. Can you cast all recordings via the Aura app? The humax app for my 5000t only lets me view SD recordings, not HD.
    Also, possibly a bit of a stretch, can I chase play via the app, I.e. watch a recording from the start that’s still ongoing?

| Sat 24 Sep 2022 18:36:34 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

desm52

Thanks for that. Can you cast all recordings via the Aura app? The humax app for my 5000t only lets me view SD recordings, not HD.
    Also, possibly a bit of a stretch, can I chase play via the app, I.e. watch a recording from the start that’s still ongoing?

I believe so, I don't have a standalone Chromecast setup to test it on. Casting to aura starts normal playback, as if selected from recordings list using the remote. I get a cast option on hd recordings. It may transcode to sd on playback, but it might be full hd.
    Hd recordings can be downloaded and played in app, but are converted to sd first.

| Sat 24 Sep 2022 19:41:36 #29 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.