Check Home page for update notification:

Apps updated:

Freeview - version 59
    Freeview Live TV - version 95
    Aura Media Server - version 31

Release note:

• Wake up from deep standby issue workaround
    • Picture freezing when going into advert breaks
    • Live transcoding bug on untuned channels after rescanning the channel list
    • Incorrect focus change in Search
    • Inaccurate seek result in timeshift and chase play
    • Google Chromecast keeps disconnecting
    • Duplicated item display when importing recordings via FTP
    • Wrong aspect ratio of PIP on Guide when Live is 4:3 but recording playback is 16:9.
    • Update the current timeshift position in paused state when the timeshift buffer is full.
    • A timezone related crash issue
    • A crash case of finishing the channel scan
    • An EPG parsing error
    • An issue getting IPv6 address
    • More crashes and exceptions in Freeview tv and Freeview tvinput and Aura media server apps.

| Tue 3 Aug 2021 11:46:39 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

No fix for random switch on's in the middle of the night then?

| Tue 3 Aug 2021 12:40:49 #2 |
  3. barrados

barrados

Thanks for the update notice Barry.

| Tue 3 Aug 2021 17:25:17 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

ariharry

Good to see! I observed this a few times, very weird, pausing at the start of an advert break, especially on Channel 4 HD.

| Tue 3 Aug 2021 17:25:42 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

peterukwp

Thanks Barry

| Wed 4 Aug 2021 8:18:55 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

morrig

ariharry - 1 day ago  » 

Good to see! I observed this a few times, very weird, pausing at the start of an advert break, especially on Channel 4 HD.

Noticed that on C4 also, thought it was C4 problem.
    Yesterday and this morning had audio drop-outs on recordings and live, ok on skip back. Did full power of, seems ok this evening. Just checked and noticed new beta updates, related or not?

| Wed 4 Aug 2021 22:31:42 #6 |
  7. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

morrig - 1 week ago  » 

ariharry - 1 day ago  » 

Noticed that on C4 also, thought it was C4 problem.
    Yesterday and this morning had audio drop-outs on recordings and live, ok on skip back. Did full power of, seems ok this evening. Just checked and noticed new beta updates, related or not?

See this subject on other posts about picture freeze and dropouts. Either caused by PCM 5.1 moving to stereo in broadcast or signal being above 85%

| Thu 12 Aug 2021 19:51:01 #7 |
  8. Mars

Mars

special member

Since there is little feedback, I will just mention that this morning the red LED was on in deep standby despite being set to off.

| Mon 16 Aug 2021 8:10:51 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Asus1964

Mars - 1 hour ago  » 
    Since there is little feedback, I will just mention that this morning the red LED was on in deep standby despite being set to off.

My red led has completely stopped going off now when in deep standby, like yourself I have it set to off.

| Mon 16 Aug 2021 9:33:58 #9 |
  10. davidrew

davidrew

special member

The only issue out of the fix list I had seen was point 2 where the picture was freezing. I haven't seen this again since the update.

My other observations which are not resolved are:

1. Programme search facility does not work correctly if you enter New: as the colon is ignored and finds everything with new in the title.

2. Skipping forward (set to 120 secs) when watching a programme still being recorded randomly drops out back to the recordings list screen. Resuming the programme restarts from the point it dropped. This can happen at any point in the recording.

3. Random brief 2-5 second duration picture/sound breakup on HD channels on both recordings and live tv when signal is know to be good. This is under active investigation by Humax.

4. When returning to the Recordings list screen after watching a programme a different programme is selected if other recordings have started in the meantime and shuffled the list down. This could cause inadvertent deletion of the wrong programme. The programme watched should be the one still selected.

5. After being in overnight deep standby mode on the timer. The first wake-up only from normal standby has two issues:
    > The Standby button on the remote needs pressing twice to wake up the box from normal standby.
    > The TV also switches on so looks like CEC is enabled even though it is switched off in the settings.

| Mon 16 Aug 2021 12:05:19 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.