My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Apple TV +

(54 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ShaunIOW

I get the followng screen when trying to play a film from my iTunes library, it's happened with all but one film I've tried and that was Snatch which played, but whenever the scene changed the screen went black and it continued with sound only.

I have a 2018 Hisense U7A 4k TV, the Aura is connected via HDMI to my Denon Soundbar and the soundbar to the ARC HDMI on the TV.

I have the Apple TV+ app on an Amazon 4k Firestick connected to an LG TV and it works fine.

Attachments

1. IMG_1182.JPEG (703.4 KB, 0 downloads) 2 years old
    | Thu 17 Jun 2021 15:31:31 #21 |
  2. ssenior45

ssenior45

Paul Bton - 2 hours ago  » 

ssenior45 - 1 hour ago  » 

Paul Bton - 1 hour ago  » 

ssenior45 - 1 hour ago  » 

Paul Bton - 9 hours ago  » 

ssenior45 - 1 week ago  » 

Paul Bton - 8 mins ago  » 
    This is what the APPLE TV does on my Aura and 4K TV

Eugh. No, I don’t have a 4K TV.

What TV do you have?

This one http://www.hitachidigitalmedia.com/en-gb/discontinued-products/led-tvs/42-106cm/l42vc04

Thank you. It’s an HD tv is the main point. Does the Apple TV app play any movies you have bought from your Apple Library ok?

I hadn’t tried that but just did and I get the same problem as you describe when playing library content. TV+ content plays fine.

For me other non library content just freezes after a few seconds with sound continuing

This occasionally happens to me, you need to fwd or rewind to get the picture back then reset back to the beginning.

I've also had the opposite, with the picture working fine but no sound. The workaround above also sorts that one out.

Clearly this app is buggy as anything, or the Aura is making it so.

| Thu 17 Jun 2021 17:03:54 #22 |
  3. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

I contacted Humax via Twitter and they said would pass this on to their developers. Apple weren’t interested.

| Thu 17 Jun 2021 17:24:43 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rolandsizzers

Update

Only appears to be some shows on Apple+ for me. Some will bizarrely play the previews at first and then corrupt as the main show starts.

As an example Mythic Quest series 1 (which I am half way through) has video corruption on all the episodes but series 2 doesn’t. Weird! Trailers for series 1 work.

Assuming a bug with the app rather than with Humax.

| Thu 17 Jun 2021 22:39:29 #24 |
  5. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

Rolandsizzers - 13 hours ago  » 
    Update
    Only appears to be some shows on Apple+ for me. Some will bizarrely play the previews at first and then corrupt as the main show starts.
    As an example Mythic Quest series 1 (which I am half way through) has video corruption on all the episodes but series 2 doesn’t. Weird! Trailers for series 1 work.
    Assuming a bug with the app rather than with Humax.

yes definitely buggy. I tried it again with updated system today. No improvement. Apple TV+ App is useless until it's updated

| Fri 18 Jun 2021 12:09:00 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

If I watch anything that is part of your Apple TV subscription it works fine - if I watch anything I have purchased (e.g. a movie) it fails to even start it. It just displays an error and I can either exit or retry.

| Fri 18 Jun 2021 14:21:54 #26 |
  7. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

boogersa - 4 mins ago  » 
    If I watch anything that is part of your Apple TV subscription it works fine - if I watch anything I have purchased (e.g. a movie) it fails to even start it. It just displays an error and I can either exit or retry.

Even the subscription part doesn't work for me. Just freezes after a few minutes. Glad I have newish 4K tv (LG 43UM7400PLB) with Web Os that still has workable apps Apple TV+ works fine there. Why does the android Apple TV+ app work on Android TVs and not on Humax?

| Fri 18 Jun 2021 14:33:38 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rolandsizzers

boogersa - 3 hours ago  » 

Can you try watching an episode from series 1 of Mythic Quest - wondering if the viewer experience is consistent? (it is free with the subscription). I get a clear Apple + logo and the advance trailer of another series. if shown, plays fine. Whether I watch the trailer, (there is no trailer) or I 'skip' to the show itself has the crazy video corruption as shown earlier. Wondered if it did it for you? (bugging me as started watching on a friends firestick where it worked perfectly).

As I said most other shows (inc series 2 of MQ) seem ok but I have found a few other programmes in the Apple + line up that don't work? Can there be an encoding difference between shows? Why would it also affect subscribed films and shows....

Tried contacting Apple Support who offered turning the box on and off as their solution - genius...

| Fri 18 Jun 2021 17:48:32 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Rolandsizzers - 53 mins ago  » 

boogersa - 3 hours ago  » 

Can you try watching an episode from series 1 of Mythic Quest - wondering if the viewer experience is consistent? (it is free with the subscription). I get a clear Apple + logo and the advance trailer of another series. if shown, plays fine. Whether I watch the trailer, (there is no trailer) or I 'skip' to the show itself has the crazy video corruption as shown earlier. Wondered if it did it for you? (bugging me as started watching on a friends firestick where it worked perfectly).
    As I said most other shows (inc series 2 of MQ) seem ok but I have found a few other programmes in the Apple + line up that don't work? Can there be an encoding difference between shows? Why would it also affect subscribed films and shows....
    Tried contacting Apple Support who offered turning the box on and off as their solution - genius...

Tried your suggestion. MQ started with sound but blank screen. I stopped and restarted and got sound and picture. No issue. I wonder if the reason my films don’t play is because in Apple TV they are classed as Dolby Vision and I have a DV enabled tv but the Aura doesn’t support DV and doesn’t know how to handle it? Just a theory.

| Fri 18 Jun 2021 18:45:00 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Found a non-DV film I had purchased. Does not play. Looks like anything I have bought does not play but streaming stuff as part of a subscription is fine. Luckily my LG tv has Apple TV so I’ll continue to use it.

| Fri 18 Jun 2021 20:50:25 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.