My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Apple TV +

(54 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

A5ian300zx

As far as I am aware apple only works on approved devices and thier drm blocks non approved devices or won't play properly. They generally approve devices that offer dolby vision as the apple originals are all Dolby Vision. I know recently they announced an app for nvidia shield tv as it meets their criteria.

Even my old Sony oled A1 does not have apple tv as its not approved, tried side loading but still did not work properly. Video unavailable error.

So far for me the humax reminds me of other cheap android boxes I have played with the added bonus of a freeview plus app and feel bit like it's in a beta stage as not everything works smoothly as it should (new update has introduced micro stutter for me). I hope that changes.

| Sat 19 Jun 2021 22:47:01 #31 |
  2. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

A5ian300zx - 1 day ago  » 
    As far as I am aware apple only works on approved devices and thier drm blocks non approved devices or won't play properly. They generally approve devices that offer dolby vision as the apple originals are all Dolby Vision. I know recently they announced an app for nvidia shield tv as it meets their criteria.
    Even my old Sony oled A1 does not have apple tv as its not approved, tried side loading but still did not work properly. Video unavailable error.
    So far for me the humax reminds me of other cheap android boxes I have played with the added bonus of a freeview plus app and feel bit like it's in a beta stage as not everything works smoothly as it should (new update has introduced micro stutter for me). I hope that changes.

Very interesting. I was a bit doubtful initially about the Android operating system. However I hoped that it gave Humax access to a bigger and better operating system. The latest update has been good on my Aura so far, not noticed any micro stutter. Interesting too what you say about Dolby Vision and Apple TV. If the Aura doesn’t support it at present I wonder if it can be added to the system?

| Mon 21 Jun 2021 11:02:05 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rolandsizzers

Have now seen a DRM certificate error message so believe this is the issue. However not consistent and I am able to watch at least one series I am following. In a few cases hopping series and then back again appears to clear the issue.

Hopefully humax can get added to the approved device list even if dolby vision isn't possible?

| Mon 21 Jun 2021 13:46:28 #33 |
  4. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

Rolandsizzers - 2 hours ago  » 
    Have now seen a DRM certificate error message so believe this is the issue. However not consistent and I am able to watch at least one series I am following. In a few cases hopping series and then back again appears to clear the issue.
    Hopefully humax can get added to the approved device list even if dolby vision isn't possible?

I am not getting any DRM message. If it just breaks up into pixels that's not DRM. Please screen shot if you get it. again.

| Mon 21 Jun 2021 15:57:43 #34 |
  5. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

A5ian300zx - 1 day ago  » 

Surely DRM gives you a message not just pixels?

| Mon 21 Jun 2021 15:59:46 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rolandsizzers

Today I have been getting '0:DRM Certificate Issue'. Having googled it you may be correct that it is unrelated to the picture issue.

I also still get the pixel issue on some shows and not on others. I can't fathom why some work and others don't. Also it isn't consistent, some never work, some are fine and some will work after repeat attempts. It also appears that some of you can watch shows that I can't - oh well!

| Mon 21 Jun 2021 16:56:44 #36 |
  7. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

I had an a reply from Humax on Twitter:
    Good morning, my manager managed to test it on his 4K LG TV which is an LG CX and had no issues with it, his TV does support Dolby vision 2K and 4K. I've looked at your TV on the LG website and it doesn't show any support for Dolby vision. Regardless of that it doesn't deal with frame rate/motion refresh, only in colour and image sharpness etc. However for it to work, all things in the chain must support Dolby Vision, if they don't then it should revert to a stable setting.
    I have sent this reply:
    Thanks for that. If my TV doesn’t support Dolby vision why then does the Apple TV app work on the LG TV itself? Is it a non Dolby vision version of the app? Why are Humax making an app for the Aura that doesn’t work on a fairly modern 4K TV. There are several cases on http://MyHumax.org.

| Tue 22 Jun 2021 9:48:29 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Humax don't make the app.

| Tue 22 Jun 2021 10:06:44 #38 |
  9. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

Hang on. Does the Aura it’s self support Dolby vision? There is no mention of it in the manual? It supports HDR10 which is the open source alternative to Dolby vision. Even on Humax website there is no mention of Dolby vision

| Tue 22 Jun 2021 10:59:37 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

ShaunIOW

Does it really matter if the Humax supports Dolby Vision or not? As films in the Apple Library can default to normal HD or even SD on none compatible devices, and films on Google Play play fine for example, The Meg which is 4k and Dolby Vison plays perfectly on the Humax using the Google Play app.

| Tue 22 Jun 2021 11:06:54 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.