My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Ariel Out Signal Issues with House Arial

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

leemack78

Hi

I have just moved into a new house. I have a new samsung smart tv 4k and using the main arial cable from the roof the samsung does not find any channels when I scan. When I plugin my humax however and plug the arial cable into that I can get channels?

Is this because the antenna power is set to on? If this is so in theory could I use this boosted signal and use the antenna out option on the humax to send this boosted signal back to the tv to then get it to find the freeview channels?

| Mon 26 Feb 2018 18:01:32 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

leemack78 - 35 minutes ago  » 
    Is this because the antenna power is set to on?

That sounds a reasonable assumption.

If this is so in theory could I use this boosted signal and use the antenna out option on the humax to send this boosted signal back to the tv to then get it to find the freeview channels?

Yes of course; you will need to turn power saving in standby off on the Humax for the signal to be passed to the TV when the Humax is in standby.

| Mon 26 Feb 2018 18:38:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

leemack78

joe!... 2 pound coupler to convert my male - male coaxial - plugged into the back of the humax in the TV\SCART socket - into the back of the tv and boom!..179 digital channels tuned thank you!

| Tue 27 Feb 2018 10:00:52 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.